Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My Favourite Names

My first blog post EVER! How exciting :)


I am so excited to start this journey with Ali, Jamie & Kirstie and ofcourse all of YOU! I love, love, love baby names and am so excited to share some of my favourites and hopefully hear about all of your favourites! Eventually I will do some fun, cool & exciting blog posts about baby names but to start off I will just share some of my favourites with you all.

Girls Names:
1. Reese Alexa - I am absolutely inLOVE with this name. I think it is SO adorable for a girl. I have liked this name for years but I could never convince myself to add it to my list. Earlier this year I started reading a blog about a lady who has 4 daughters. This past October her second youngest daughter (Reese) was diagnosed with a brain tumour! I won't get into the details but you can follow her story at HERE. And I chose Alexa for the middle because I have always loved the "Alex" names with the nickname Lexi but I know to many, so I made it the middle.
2. Willow Abigail - I absolutely LOVE the name Willow. I think its sooo cute and when P!nk named her daughter Willow, I just fell even more in love with it. And I have to meet a Willow so thats a good thing. And for the middle name Abigail, I chose that because I always said I was going to name my daughters Olivia & Abigail but then family friends who I see ALL the time named their daughter Abigail making it unusable for me as a first name, so I made it a middle name.
3. Aubrey Skye - Aubrey has been on my tops list FOREVER! It was my number 1 name for 6 years and just recently; Reese took over that spot. I still think I will have a daughter named Aubrey because I'll probably be obsessed with Reese & Willow for a little bit but then I always, always, always go baby to Aubrey/Aubree. And just FYI I had Aubrey Skye before Chelsea Houska from Teen Mom 2 had her Aubree Skye!
4. Ella Gray - Along with Aubrey, Ella has also been on my list since I was in Grade 9 thats a long long long time ago and I just LOVE it! But its #4 because my first Nanny job, the one year olds name was Ella & the family I Nanny for right now have an Ella, so I am unsure if I would still us it. Gray is a GP name for me but I think it just sounds so lovely with Ella.
5. Miller Paige - This name is kind of my list and kind of not on my list. I got this name when I started reading the blog I talked about above. Reese's little sisters name is Miller Paige and she is SO stinkin' cute, I just fell inlove with it. And its not common at all, which I LOVE! I don't think I would ever use it though because I don't want to be a copier but anyways its on my list because I love it.

Boys Names:
1. Cash Roman - I have always wanted to give my son a "cool" name. Like what if he becomes a hockey player and makes it to the OHL or something, I want him to have "cool" name like Boone Jenner (Oshawa Generals, OHL hockey team). When people see Boone Jenner, they're like omg what a cool name I want that for my future son. I think Cash is such a cool name and I think it makes a good athlete name. And for the middle name, I chose Roman because I was always obsessed with the name Rowan but now I have started loving Roman more.
2. Camden Jack - This name has been on my list for quite sometime but never made it to the top. I always loved the name Cameron I went to school with a lot of them but I have a cousin whose name is Cameron, making that completely unusable for me. So I googled variations of Cameron and came across Camden and have been inlove ever since. I always go between Camden James & Camden Jack because I can't decide which I love more, so right now its Camden Jack.
3. Holden Cruz - I heard about the name Holden when I was in Grade 11 and we had those electronic babies. One of my friends name hers Holden. I thought it was cute but never thought about it much after that. Then last year I read a blog I dont remember what it was called and the lady had a son named Holden and he was the cutest little guy, so I just started thinking about it and fell in love with. Cruz Easton was on my list forever but my top boys names were Cash, Camden, Cruz & Cade for the longest time but I just thought they were all way to close so I though Cruz was a cute middle for Holden.
4. Sawyer Cade - I don't know why I love Sawyer so much but I just do. I think when I was working at Bonnie Togs (childrens clothing store) last year, I met a little boy named Sawyer and thats when I started liking it, but I'm not quite sure. Again Cade is the middle name for Sawyer for the same reason Cruz is Holden's.
5. Tripp Rowan - I know, I know. Your all thinking GAH SOOO Bristol Palin. Your right, she is where I got it from. I started watching her show and well Tripp is just so stinkin' cute! And at first I was like, what the heck kind of name is Tripp but I just couldn't stop thinking about the name and I just decided to add it to my list. Now I love it. Rowan was my #2 name at one point but I like it more a middle name now!

Well, there you have it! Those are my current favourite names! I'd LOVE to hear your opinions on them or any suggestions for other names I might like! Thanks so much for reading! I can't wait to be back here with you all next Wednesday!

Jaylyn

1 comment:

  1. My favorites:

    ~ Willow Abigail << I'm weird in that I actually prefer Willow for a boy ^.^ (If you don't think it works, watch this movie: http://www.amazon.com/Willow-Special-Edition-Val-Kilmer/dp/B00003CXDD) However, it is pretty cute on a girl too, and I like the combo as a whole =)

    ~ Ella Gray << Gray isn't my favorite, but it sounds kinda cute with Ella ^.^

    ~ Camden Jack << I like the sound of this one =D

    ~ Holden Cruz << Cruz isn't my thing, but the combo as a whole is pretty cool ^.^

    ~ Sawyer Cade << I really like this one <3

    ~ Tripp Rowan << Actually what came to my mind was Commander Charles "Trip" Tucker III from Star Trek: Enterprise ^.^ I think it's cool! And I really like it with Rowan =D

    ReplyDelete