Monday, January 14, 2013

Formspring's Finest Favorites (Part 1: Girls)

Hi everyone & happy Monday!
Last week, I asked my friends on Formspring what their favorite name for each gender is, and today I am going to tell you my favorites of the GIRLS names they listed! There are 8 names. Next week, I will tell you my 13 favorites for boys.
I will give the name, who's favorite it is, ranking in 2011, if it has ever been on my favorites list, and why I love it.
Enjoy!

Name: Adalise
Loved by: brycry
Rank: N/A
On my favorites list?: Yes; August 15-24, 2012
Why I love it: I checked a very old baby name book out of the library last Summer. I was looking through it and under the name Adelaide was Adelice. I asked about it on Formspring and got very positive results (minus the few who didnt like the -lice ending). Brycry fell in love with it as soon as she answered my question, which made me SO honored. I love Addison & Elise and this is a perfect combination of them both.

Name: Addison
Loved by: BaileyBoo1011
Rank: 13
On my favorites list?: Yes; May 22, 2012-present
Why I love it: I used to have a friend named Alyssa who had a little sister named Addison. She was the CUTEST little girl in the world and she really got me loving this name with the nickname Addie.

Name: Carson
Loved by: xNutMegx56
Rank: N/A
On my favorites list?: No
Why I love it: I have always had a soft spot for Carson on a girl. I think it sounds more feminine than masculine, but I love it on both genders. I started liking it when I saw Bring It On: In It to Win It, where the character of Carson was played by Ashley Benson. The same name, but spelled Karsyn, was on my favorites list in 2010.

Name: Isla
Loved by: LaLaLeah15
Rank: 268
On my favorites list?: GP
Why I love it: There is something about Isla that sounds so royal to me. It sounds like the name of a princess. I would love to have this name on my list, but I just dont love it enough to use it.

Name: Kennedy
Loved by: Michelle63092
Rank: 90
On my favorites list?: GP
Why I love it: I was watching a Discovery Health special when I was younger about Primordial Dwarfism. There was a little girl named Kenadie (Kenadie Jourdin-Bromley), who was absolutely adorable and she got me liking the name. I did not, however, like the spelling, so I went the presidential route and changed it to Kennedy.

Name: Lilliana
Loved by: ClaudiaJuliet
Rank: 311
On my favorites list?: No (but Liliana is)
Why I love it: This name is literally SO perfect. Back when my top 2 were Lia and Lily (which was just last week, but bear with me. My break-up with Lily has been a hard one), I always said that if I was to only have one girl, her name would be Liliana because I could use both the nicknames Lia and Lily. Now that I am not in love with Lily anymore, I dont think I will be keeping Liliana on for much longer, but I still love it. Also, I LOVE -ana names.

Name: Ruby
Loved by: eriok
Rank: 109
On my favorites list?: No
Why I love it: I dont know any girls named Ruby. It is very popular across the pond, but not where I live. There is just something so sweet about the name Ruby. I also love it as a middle name.

Name: Sienna
Loved by: Carhilly
Rank: 225
On my favorites list?: No
Why I love it: Sienna sounds so exotic to me. I have never ever met a Sienna, but I would love to! The name is SO pretty! I also love Sienna because of my love for -ana / -anna names. Carlie (Carhilly) is really helping by talking about it in her videos! I am falling in love with it!

Thank you for reading!
Stay tuned for tomorrow's post: Jamie will be talking to you about some celebrity baby names(:
See you next Monday for Formspring's Finest Favorites (Part 2: Boys)! See if your names made the cut!
Have an amazing week!
~Ali



2 comments:

  1. Fun! =D My favorites out of these are Isla <3, Lilliana, and Sienna =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Managing schedules and appointments efficiently is a key role of a business assistant. business assistant service in cambodia

    ReplyDelete