Thursday, January 3, 2013

Kirstie's Top Names

Hi! I am Kirstie and I will be posting on Thursdays! Like Ali and Jamie, my first official post is going to be about my top names! I have a really hard time figuring out and deciding on my top names. It has been a while since I had all my names figured out. Here are the names that are my favorites as of now. Hope you enjoy!!!

Charlotte
Origin: French, feminine diminutive of Charles
Meaning: "free man"
Charlotte's Popularity (2011): #27
I've been liking the name Charlotte for a few months now. I really started liking it when I found Breanne's YT channel and learned that one of her daughters was named Charlotte Henri. Charlotte is such a classy and adorable name. Some middle names I like with Charlotte are Henri and Pearl.

Betsy
Origin: diminutive of Elizabeth
Meaning: "pledged to God"
Betsy's Popularity (2011): not in the top 1000
I first started liking the name when Breanne announced the name of her daughter while she was still pregnant with her. I think the name Betsy is so cute and unexpected in this day and age! I don't have any middles for the name Betsy yet.. :(

Keeva
Origin: Irish
Meaning: "gentle, beautiful, precious"
Keeva's Popularity (2011): not in the top 1000
I like this spelling better than the traditional spelling. I think the "average Joe" would be able pronounce this spelling easier than the traditional one. Alyson Hannigan chose this spelling for her daughter and she made me love it. Some ideas I have for combos are Keeva Jaymes & Keeva Jane. Keeva Jane is Alyson Hannigan's daughter's full name and I think Jane fits very well with Keeva. After seeing a few celebrities use the name Jaymes/James for their daughters (mostly in the middle spot), I thought about it and figured it was really cute...but unique at the same time. It's unique in a sense that it is used for a girl. I like the 'y' in it to make it see a bit "girlier". 

Emerson
Origin: German
Meaning: "son of Emery"
Emerson's Popularity (2011): #387
Before I started like Emerson for a boy, I was all for Emerson (-syn ending) on a girl. But I was playing a baby name game by a fellow formspringer and I came up with Noah Emerson (b). The combo I have for Emerson is Emerson Duke. I have noticed that celebrities are a huge influence on my top names and names that I like. Bill & Giuliana Rancic's son's middle name is Duke. When they used it as a middle name, I stopped thinking of it as a dog's name. It's very royal sounding, which I like a lot.

Noah
Origin: Hebrew
Meaning: "rest; wandering"
Noah's Popularity (2011): #5
The popularity of Noah doesn't bother me, but at the same time it does. If I had a son named Noah, I wouldn't want him to be one out of 5 Noah's in his class. Noah is such a timeless name in my opinion. I am not sure if I would use it though. Noah Emerson was a combo I came up with in a BNG. It doesn't really bother me that much that one of my top names is a middle for another of my top names because it might not be there tomorrow. It's a very temporary thing.

Keaton
Origin: English
Meaning: "shed town"
Keaton's Popularity (2011): #366
I have been a huge Emblem3 fan ever since they first audition on The X Factor [US]. Keaton is the youngest in the group. The other two members are Drew & Wesley [Wesley is Keaton's brother]. I have heard of the name before, but I didn't really pay attention to it. Since Keaton is such a cutie bear, it made me pay attention. ha ha. Keaton is one of those names that I could see on a boy in any stage of life.. I don't have a middle name for Keaton, but I like Keaton Robert.

Weston
Origin: English
Meaning: "from the western town"
Weston's Popularity (2011): #203
Weston is very country/western sounding. I was at a festival this past summer and there was a little boy there named Weston. When I heard his mom call his name, I instantly fell in love with it more because I could now see it on an actual child. It seemed more "real". Not sure about a middle name for Weston yet. Maybe Weston Cole or Weston Blake!

Finn
Origin: Irish
Meaning: "white, fair"
Finn's Popularity (2011): #304
I am a sucker for an Irish name! ha ha. Finn is a short and sweet name. Tori Spelling and her husband, Dean, chose the name Finn for their fourth child born this past August. Cory Monteith, who plays Finn on Glee, made me like it. My love has grown for the name Finn since Glee has come on. I am not sure of a middle name for Finn. I think Finn Alexander or Finn Xzavier is nice!

I'd say my naming style for girls is definitely old fashioned with a mix of trendy. My boy's naming style is trendy with a mix of popular, but that's just my opinion. I am not sure of all of these. But for now, they are going to stay there until I change my mind. They will probably change in a few days. ha ha.

Breanne's YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/breanneshop52

xoxo,
Kirstie

1 comment:

  1. Out of these I like: Betsy, Keeva (I much prefer the spelling Caoimhe, but you do have a point), Emerson, Noah, Weston, and Finn =)

    ReplyDelete