Monday, January 21, 2013


Formspring's Finest Favorites (Part 2: Boys)


Hi everyone & happy Monday!
2 weeks ago, I asked my friends on Formspring what their favorite name for each gender is, and today I am going to tell you my favorites of the BOYS names they listed! There are 12 of them. If you missed part one, the link is here --> http://babynamenook.blogspot.com/2013/01/formsprings-finest-favorites-part-1.html 
I will give the name, who's favorite it is, ranking in 2011, if it has ever been on my favorites list, and why I like it.
Enjoy!


Name: Andrew
Loved by: Aurora01
Rank: 16
On my favorites list?: Yes; November 8, 2012-present
Why I love it: It is a family name for me. I love almost all of the names in my family. My grandfather and dad's middle name is Alan, which was made by putting together Alexander and Andrew- both of my paternal great-grandfather's names. I am not a fan of Alexander, but I love Andrew and would love to use it.

Name: Bowen
Loved by: missWilhelm
Rank: 723
On my favorites list?: GP
Why I love it: New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees has a little boy named Bowen. His son starred in a Nyquil commercial with Drew. I saw how adorable this little boy was and started really liking his name as well, but not enough to use it, which is why it is on my GP list.

Name: Brady
Loved by: Carhilly
Rank: 135
On my favorites list?: Yes; April 2012-present
Why I love it: Tom Brady, of course. Tom Brady is the quarterback for my home team- The New England Patriots. I dont watch football, but he is a GOD in the looks department. Holy moly. Gisele Bundchen is VERY lucky.

Name: Cash
Loved by: jaylynbonddd
Rank: 264
On my favorites list?: GP
Why I love it: I honestly dont know. I just think there is something adorable about it and I can see Cash on a boy of any age.

Name: Coen
Loved by: ariajuliet
Rank: 974
On my favorites list?: No
Why I love it: I read a story a few years back and there was a baby named Cohen. Since then, I have loved this name on and off. I will love it, forget about it, and then love it again. I have been absolutely loving this name for the past week.

Name: Danny
Loved by: SakiHeart
Rank: 348
On my favorites list?: No
Why I love it: Danny, Danny, Danny. I love the name Danny (Daniel) almost as much as my #1 name. Daniel "Danny" is my best friends name and I cant imagine not naming a son after him. This name is perfect in my book.

Name: Eli
Loved by: Patey3
Rank: 58
On my favorites list?: No
Why I love it: I just love the sound of it. I am not a fan of full names for Eli (except Elias, which I love). I think it is adorable on its own. Short, simple and sweet.

Name: Graham
Loved by: FireflysLove
Rank: 255
On my favorites list?: No
Why I love it: This name used to immediately make me think of graham crackers. I used to dislike it because of this, but now I see an innocence to the name Graham. It sounds very masculine and I can see it on any age. I now think of a very handsome boy in my class with this as a surname, which makes me love it even more.

Name: Holden
Loved by: Carhilly
Rank: 299
On my favorites list?: Yes; December 28, 2012-present
Why I love it: I dont know why I love this name, actually. There is something about it that reminds me of a beautiful, bright-eyed baby boy who is always smiling. I can absolutely see myself using this name in the future.

Name: Jackson
Loved by: KelseyBabyNames
Rank: 23
On my favorites list?: Yes; April 2012-present
Why I love it: Although I dislike the name Jack on its own, Jackson with the nickname "Jack" sounds absolutely adorable to me. I once met a boy named Jackson who was the most beautiful boy I had ever seen and that is when I started liking the name. It sounds handsome on a baby, child, teenager and adult, but I cannot picture it on an elderly man, which is why it is not one of my top favorites on my personal list.

Name: Noah
Loved by: Namegames2 & EdithOlivia
Rank: 5
On my favorites list?: Yes; April 2012-present
Why I love it: Noah has to be one of the most sweet sounding boys names out there. I absolutely know why it is rank at #5. I love the -ah ending and when I say Noah, there is something that sounds really calming to me, and though I would not use it personally, I still adore it.

Name: Wesley
Loved by: orlaithsnames
Rank: 156
On my favorites list?: No
Why I love it: My aunt's name is Lesley. She is my favorite aunt in my family. She was diagnosed with MS many years ago and each day is a struggle and she is getting worse and worse. I think that I love this name so much because it reminds me of her. Also because the nickname Wes is absolutely adorable.

Thank you for reading!
Jamie will be posting tomorrow!
Have an amazing week!
~Ali

1 comment:

  1. YAAAAAY DANNY MADE IT!!! <333 It's without a doubt my #1 favorite name out of all my names for both genders EVER! My favorites (aside from mine ;D) are Holden, Jackson, Noah, and Wesley ^.^

    ReplyDelete