Friday, January 18, 2013

Guest Blogger: Kelsey

Today our guest blogger is Kelsey.  Please welcome Kelsey and enjoy this post from her :)  Also, let us know if you enjoy these posts by commenting!  Happy Friday!! :D
----------------------

Hey everyone! J My name is Kelsey, and I am so excited about guest blogging on this amazing name blog, which is run by some fabulous ladies. To start off, I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Kelsey and I am sixteen years old. I live in a small town in Idaho, USA. I am on my high school’s dance team and I am president of our local chapter of Idaho Drug Free Youth. I am also a member of National Honor Society. I spend my free time writing Fanfiction, reading, on Formspring (@KelseyBabyNames), or on Twitter (@kelseyisblessed) or Pinterest http://pinterest.com/crazykelly101/ . Today, my post will be about my favorite names. My favorite names are constantly changing, but here’s what they are right now.


My current #1 girl name is Aria. Aria has recently crept up to the top of my list. I did hear it on Pretty Little Liars, but I also heard about it through Formspring, and fell in love with it. I also love the meaning (lion/lioness). The middle name paired with it, Michelle, is honoring my best friend in the entire world. Her name is Ivy Michelle. My #1 girl combo: Aria Michelle


My #2 girl name is Holland. I came across this name on Youtube when I found a mom with a little girl named this. I immediately fell in love with it. It honors my heritage, as my family is Dutch, and my grandfather (who passed away in 2007) served his LDS mission in Holland, so there’s a lot of meaning to it for me. The middle name paired with it, Elizabeth, honors both my grandmother who passed away this past April and my friend Laurel, whose middle name is Elizabeth. My #2 girl combo: Holland Elizabeth


My #3 girl name is Elliana. Elliana is a name that I fell in love with after I heard it on Youtube. (RealityChangers) I love this spelling with the double l especially. The middle name paired with it, Hope, is just a word and name that I have loved for a very long time. It is also honoring my sister in a way, because her favorite inspirational word is hope. My #3 girl combo: Elliana Hope


My #1 boy name is Jackson. Jackson has been my number one boy name since the end of April last year. Last year, on April 28, 2012, two of my good friends and classmates were killed in a one vehicle crash. If you’re interested here is the news article:http://www.ktvb.com/news/Two-injured-in-crash-near-New-Plymouth-149398995.html Since then, Jackson has become a good way to honor my friend Jackson who was killed in that wreck. The middle name that I have paired with it, Koa, is a Hawaiian word that means brave. My #1 boy combo: Jackson Koa


My #2 boy name is Gavin. After hearing it on Youtube (@armeadors) and seeing her adorable son named Gavin, I fell in love with this name. I also love the meaning! (White hawk of battle) The middle name that I have paired with it, Theodore, honors my late grandfather, who passed away in 2007. My #2 boy combo: Gavin Theodore


My #3 boy name is Eli. Eli is also a new favorite to make its way onto my list. Its meaning (Ascend; my god) is also meaningful to me, as I am a faithful member of the LDS church. The middle name that I’ve paired with it, Benjamin, honors one of my friends who always seems to make me smile and laugh. My #3 boy combo: Eli Benjamin
Well, I hope you all enjoyed this post! Thanks so much for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Fun post! Here's my opinions on these names:

    ~ Aria Michelle << I love Aria <3 Even if I never use it, Aria is a name that will always have a special place in my heart. For personal reasons, I don't think there's any girls name that means more to me than Aria does <3 I love the combo as a whole =)

    ~ Holland Elizabeth << I really like the name Holland =) Elizabeth isn't quite my thing, but the combo as a whole is lovely.

    ~ Elliana Hope << Lovely <3

    ~ Jackson Koa << I love the sound of this combo, and I love it all the more because of what it means to you. Especially since Koa means "brave" I couldn't think of a better middle name for it =)

    ~ Gavin Theodore << I quite like Gavin, it's cool and cute at the same time ^.^ Theodore works very well with it.

    ~ Eli Benjamin << I didn't know you were LDS, that's so cool! I'm LDS too =D As for the name, I quite like the combo as a whole though neither name is quite my thing ^.^

    ______

    Here's my top three names as of this moment:
    ~ Betony Alora [BET-nee]
    ~ Renaissance Faye [REHN-ǝ-sahns]
    ~ Averell Romy [ĂV-er-ehl]

    ~ Danny James
    ~ Storm Alexander
    ~ Sky Iskander [ihs-KĂN-der]

    <3

    ReplyDelete