Friday, March 1, 2013

Guest Blogger: Emily

Happy Friday!!  Anyone else SO happy that Friday is FINALLY here?  Yeah, me too!  Hope you have a great Friday & weekend!  Enjoy this post from Emily!!
-------------
Lala la hi hi hi hahaha blah blah jaja jumbo blah gaga ty ty rah. Does this sound random to you yet? That's good if it does because my blog post today is going to be very random. I am on http://www.babynamegenie.com/baby-name-generator/ and I am going to randomly generate 10 names, and share my ideas on each. I put surprise me down for the gender, so everything is going to be completely random! Let's get started!

First Random Name: Clarissa Savannah
I really like the name Clarissa. I think it's a perfect sound, and very adorable look. It just looks so spunky. However, I was discussing this name with one of my friends and she said that it just sounds so stuck up, so I think I'm going to keep it on my Guilty Pleasure list for now. I do not especially like Savannah because I think it looks funny, and it just sounds a little trashy and unclassy to me (sorry to all named Savannah!)

Second Random Name: Bailey Mandie
I dislike the name Bailey because I just think it doesn't age well, and I can't get over the fact that it used to be a boys name. Mandie is secretly one of my favorite names, lol. Like seriously, I would name this baby I'm pregnant with Mandie right now. But I think it just sounds so nicknamey and I really don't like the full name Amanda at ALL. I wish there was a full name I liked to use it with! So basically, I adore Mandie.

Third Random Name: Paxton Zachary
Woo! First boys name of the day :) I don't really like Paxton because I think it's just so... I don't know, not official sounding if that makes sense. I picture a little boy who is always playing in the mud getting dirty and fighting with other boys (haha sorry little Paxton's!). I adore Zachary. I like the nickname Zach too :)

Fourth Random Name: Jewel Rachel
While we were convinced we would name this baby Juliette, we were planning on calling her Jewels, so I do like Jewel as a nickname but I think it sounds so trashy as a firstname. (Sorry Jewel's of the world!) I like Rachel I just think it's a little dated.

Fifth Random Name: Kyra Emma
I don't particularly like Kyra. I like Emma a whole lot I could just never use it since my name is Emily. I don't like how they both end in the A sound. I think that's a trend on this website, the combos with names ending in the same sound... Except for Paxton Zachary so far all the combos have been this way.

Sixth Random Name: Curtis Joseph
I don't really like Curtis. It sounds like a last name to me, and I just really can't picture a baby Curtis. I like Joseph :) Especially because my neice's middle name is Josephine so i really like the sound

Seventh Random Name: Barbara Natalie
I really dislike Barbara. It's SO dated, and I mean baby Barbara? I also dislike the nickname Barbie, because come on, can't you just see the teasting potential? Also with Josh's last name, her initials would be B.S.... Hmm, yeah I'll pass. I really adore Natalie. I like Natalia a little bit more, but Natalie is adorable too!

Eight Random Name: Emilio Sterling
I don't like Emilio because my name is Emily... And how tacky would it be if I named my son Emilio. I also have absolutely no Latin heritage so that would be so strange to have a completely white little boy named Emilio (not being racist at all!). I like Sterling in a Guilty Pleasure kind of way, but I think it just sounds like the name of a little weak boy haha.

Ninth Random Name: Harold Colton
I dislike Harold. It makes me think of boogers and old men haha. Baby Harold? No thank you. I also dislike the nickname Harry. I like Colton a little... but it's definitely not a favorite at all.

Tenth and Final Random Name: Alice Sophia
OH MY GOODNESS THIS NAME IS LITERALLY PURE PERFECTION AHHH I ADORE ALICE SOPHIA SO MUCH<33333 There is literally nothing wrong with this name at all. I love both names, I love the combination, I love absolutely every single detail about it.

Overall, my favorite combo is Alice Sophia. My favorite name as a whole on the list (besides Alice or Sophia since I don't want to re-use names) is Mandie<3

Thanks for reading my very random blog post!
-Emily 
emibell on formspring!

No comments:

Post a Comment