Friday, March 15, 2013

Jodi Picoult Books Characters

Sorry it's so late!
Enjoy this post from Gracie!  Part two will come next week!

----------
Hi guys! Gracie (grace63 on formspring) here, and I’m going to be guest blogging today :D. I am obsessed with Jodi Picoult and as I pick up her newest book (The Storyteller) I am excited to read the amazing story I am sure is going to come, but I am also excited to read about the
amazing names she picks for her characters. I have read almost all of her books, so I’m going to pick some of my favorite names from them. I’m not sure if there will be the same amount of boys and girls, but I’ll put the book that they are from, if I’ve read it, and if I liked it!

Let’s start with the ladies!

Paige (Harvesting the Heart, Loved): I seriously love this book, and this name. Harvesting the
Heart is Ms. Picoult’s second novel, and is an awesome story. Paige is also a lovely Irish name,
which really appeals to me, it’s short, and simple, and just lovely!

Emily (The Pact, Loved): Again, love the book, love the name. Emily is sweet and classic, and
even though it’s popular, I do love it. Though I can’t use it, I have 2 cousins with this name L

Augusta (The Pact, Loved): This is such a sweet name. It’s the name of a mother in The Pact
and she is called Gus, which I think is cute and spunky too!

Faith (Keeping Faith, Loved): This was such a lovely book, and the little girl who is named
Faith was just adorable. This really made me love this name!

Mariah (Keeping Faith, Loved): Mariah was the mother in this book, and she was amazing, she
also really made me love her name!

Addie (Salem Falls, Loved): So, I’m kind of obsessed with the name Addie. I don’t love any
full named for it though, so what do you all think, can Addie work as a full name?

Nina (Perfect Match, Haven’t read): I love Nina, it’s short, and sweet.

Cecelia (Second Glance, Haven’t read): Oh how I love the name Cecelia! It’s beautiful and
classy! Too bad my mom despises it!

Meredith (Second Glance, Haven’t read): Meredith is so adorable, but my obsession with
Grey’s Anatomy might be the source of my love for this one!

Lucy (Second Glance, Haven’t read): How adorable is the name Lucy? I personally love it, it
reminds me of I Love Lucy and the Peanuts comics!

Delia (Vanishing Acts, Liked): This is such an adorable name! In this book, Delia is a nickname
for Cordelia, which I think is super cute too.

Sophie (Vanishing Acts, Liked): I adore the name Sophie! But I have a cousin Sophia who goes
by Sophie, is it off limits for me?

Josephine “Josie” (Nineteen Minutes, LOVED!): Seriously this might be my favorite Jodi
Picoult book, I’m obsessed, lol. Josephine is seriously adorable too!

June (Change of Heart, Liked): June is such an adorable name, it’s short, sweet, and easy to
spell!

Elizabeth (Change of Heart, Liked): I probably don’t need to talk much about this name, if you
know me, you know, I’m obsessed with it

Claire (Change of Heart, Liked): oh, Lordy, why is my family so well named? My aunt is
named Claire, so I can’t use it, but I want to sooo badly

Maggie (Change of Heart, Liked): Like Addie, I LOVE just Maggie! But is it usable by itself?

Charlotte (Handle With Care, Loved): I adore the name Charlotte, it’s so adorable!

Willow (Handle With Care, Loved): I LOVE the name Willow, but it really doesn’t fit in with
my other names L

Amelia (Handle With Care, Loved): I feel the same way about Amelia as I do Charlotte

Piper (Handle With Care, Loved): I feel the same way about Piper as I do Willow

Emma (Handle With Care, House Rules, Loved, Loved): Such an adorable name, I don’t even
care about how popular it is!

Zoe (Sing You Home, LOVED!): This is in the running with Nineteen Minutes as my favorite
Picoult novel. Zoe is an adorable name, and an amazing, amazing, amazing character.

Cara (Lone Wolf, Kinda Liked): Honestly, I can’t decide if I like Lone Wolf, but I do ADORE
the name Cara J

Check back next week for the boy's names!

No comments:

Post a Comment