Sunday, March 10, 2013

just a little update :)


In my first post about my top names I talked about how frequently my favorite names changed. As promised, there has been some change in my top names. The most significant would be that I extended from a top three to a top 5, but I also changed a name in boy’s top three. So here are the changes I’ve made my names lists.

Boys

            On my boys list, I changed my third combo from Jacob Alty to Paxton Alty. I also added
Jacob Sullivan and Connor Benjamin.

Paxton Alty – Paxton is an English surname name derived from a place name. It is not in the Canadian top 100. I don’t know where I first heard this time, but fell in love with it from hearing “Pax” said in class. For those of you who don’t know, I’m a politics student. The word Pax means peace and I think it’s a great nickname

Jacob Sullivan – Jacob used to be on my list as a first for Alty, but when I fell in love with Paxton, I put Jacob with Sullivan. Sullivan is an Irish surname meaning little dark eye. Sullivan is my last name and I think it’d be a cool way to honor my family, especially as I intend on changing my name if I get married.

Connor Benjamin – Connor is an Irish name that means dog/wolf lover and is ranked at 29 in Canada. Connor was one of my first favorite names, but I fell out of love with it for a while when I had Carson on my list. Recently, I’ve been loving it more and more. Benjamin is a family name for me. Benjamin is a Hebrew name meaning son of the right hand. It’s ranked 14th in Canada.

Girls

            I added two combos to my girls list, Ivy Elizabeth and Gemma Alison.

Ivy Elizabeth – Ivy is an English word name that does not rank on the Canadian top 100. Ivy is super similar to a lot of my other favorites, like Ruby and Lily, only a little spunkier in my opinion. Elizabeth is a Hebrew name meaning God is abundance and ranks 35th in Canada. Elizabeth is on my list to honor my mother, Bessie.

Gemma Alison – Gemma is an Italian pet name meaning precious jewel that does not rank in the Canadian top 100. I think Gemma is super pretty and unique without being out there. Alison is a diminutive of Alice and is on my list to honor my friend Alyssa.

So that leaves my list as boys- Kieran Douglas, Hunter Isaac, Paxton Alty, Jacob Sullivan and Connor Benjamin. girls - Arden Claire, Piper Ruth, Ruby Emeline, Ivy Elizabeth and Gemma Arden. Thoughts? Any updates on your lists lately?

-Hayl
            

1 comment: