Monday, March 4, 2013

The Gosselin's Names!

Happy Monday!
One of my favorite shows a few years back was Jon and Kate + 8. I have all the seasons on DVD and I watched it religiously. Sadly, the show went downhill after Jon and Kate got a divorce in 2009. That is when I stopped watching, because it wasn't the same.
Even though the show isn't on anymore, I still think about it from time to time and remember how ADORABLE their kids and their names are! I fell in love with my #1 name (Lia) and my #2 (Hannah) from watching this show.
I will provide a picture of each family member with their name, the meaning & origin of the name, if it has ever been on my favorites list (spelling doesn't matter) and what I think of it. For meaning, origin & "ever on my list", the "/" separates first and middle names. They are in order from oldest to youngest. Enjoy!

Name: Kate Irene
Meaning: "Pure" / "Peace"
Origin: English / Greek
Ever on my list?: No / No
What I think: I absolutely love the name Kate. I would use it as a middle name to honor my cousin, Sara Kate. I am shocked that it has never been on my list. I don't like Irene.

Name: Jonathan Keith
Meaning: "gift of Jehovah" / "wood"
Origin: Hebrew / Scottish
Ever on my list?: No / No
What I think: Not a fan of either name
*Could find a recent picture of them individually, sorry*
Name (left): Cara Nicole
Name (right): Madelyn Kate "Mady"
Meaning (left): "dear" / "people of victory"
Meaning (right): "high tower" / "pure"
Origin (left): Latin / Greek
Origin (right): English / English
Ever on my list? (left): Yes, November 2012-March 2013 / No
Ever on my list? (right): No / No
What I think: I love their names so much! I think they work well together and they suit their names. I don't like Nicole, and I prefer the spelling Kara, but there is nothing else I dislike about them.
Name: Alexis Faith
Meaning: "Defending men" / "faith"
Origin: English / Virtue name
Ever on my list?: Yes, October-November 2012 / No
What I think: All of the Gosselin's names could not be any more perfect, including Alexis's. I do have a love/hate relationship with Alexis, but I am loving it at the moment.
Name: Hannah Joy
Meaning: "grace" / "joy"
Origin: Hebrew / Word name
Ever on my list?: Yes, November 2012-present / No
What I think: I love the name Hannah. I took it off of my list for a while, but added it back in late 2012 after my neighbor announced that they are naming their daughter Hannah. It lit a spark and I fell in love with it again. It is now my #2 name. I am not a fan of Joy, but it works well with Hannah.
Name: Aaden Jonathan
Meaning: "little and fiery" / "gift of Jehovah"
Origin: Irish / Hebrew
Ever on my list?: Yes, May 2012-present / No
What I think: I love the name Aidan, but not the spelling Aaden. I also don't like the flow of it. He fits the name 100%!
Name: Collin Thomas
Meaning: "pup" / "twin"
Origin: Scottish / Aramaic
Ever on my list?: Yes, November 2012-present / No
What I think: Out of all the Gosselin boys, Collin's first and middle are my favorite. I think they flow well together. Colin is, at the moment, the middle name for my #4 AND it is my #5 name.
Name: Leah Hope
Meaning: "weary" / "hope"
Origin: Hebrew / Virtue name
Ever on my list?: Yes, 2008-present / No
What I think: I'm sure you all know what I think of this one. I LOVE IT! Lia (Italian variation of Leah) is my #1 name and has been for years. Hope pairs with it so well. I love this combo and she is precious.
Name: Joel Kevin
Meaning: "Jehovah is the lord" / "handsome"
Origin: Hebrew / Irish
Ever on my list?: No / No
What I think: I honestly thought I had Joel on my list... I love it so much. I guess I'll go add it when I finish with this! Its such a short and sweet name. I am not really a fan of many one syllable names for boys, but I actually really love Joel.

Well that's it! That is the Gosselin family. What are your favorite names from the names above?
Have a great week!
~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment