Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hippie Names

(source: google)

Before I get into what this post will be about, who saw the season premiere of Duck Dynasty last night?! I might have an obsession with that show. Make sure to check out Jaylyn's post about the cast's names, if you haven't already!!

This post is inspired by HelenaKoonings' hippie themed baby name game. I don't why I love hippie inspired baby names so much, but I just do. Hippie baby names are my guilty pleasure. They are out there and I probably wouldn't use most of them, but they're pretty darn cool if you ask me. There are a lot of names that I would consider "hippy-ish", but I just chose the ones that sounded 100% hippy to me. I loved looking up names for this post, so let's get started with the boys!!

Viggo
Origin: Scandinavian
Meaning: war

Ziggy
Origin: German
Meaning: "victorious peace"

Omri
Origin: Hebrew
Meaning: "my sheaf"
Cedar
Origin: English
Meaning: "cedar tree"
Sonny
Origin: nickname for "son"
Meaning: "son"
Popularity (2011): #891

Indigo
Origin: color name
And the girls...

Meadow
Origin: nature name
Popularity (2011): #892

Breeze
Origin: word name
Birdie
Origin: English
Meaning: "bird"
Soleil
Origin: French
Meaning: "sun"
Journee
Origin: English, variant of Journey
Popularity (2011): #718



No comments:

Post a Comment