Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Names from Christmas Movies

Christmas movie confession: if it’s not Elf, I’m not interested. I seriously love Elf so much that I can easily watch every year, which is about how often I feel the need to watch Christmas movies. So for this post, I definitely had to differ to my best friend Alyssa for movie expertise and raid her listog list for some favorite Christmas movies. Eventually, I got this list together!

Girls

Name: Virginia
Movie: Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus
Rank: 579
Meaning: maiden

Name: Jovie
Movie: Elf
Rank: n/a
Meaning: derived from the word jovial

Name:  Daisy
Movie: Love Actually
Rank: 172
Meaning: daisy flower

Name: Juliet
Movie: Love Actually
Rank: 253
Meaning: feminine of Julius (downy-bearded)

Name: Isabel
Movie: Scrooge
Rank: 134
Meaning: my god is abundance

Boys

Name: Kevin
Movie: Home Alone
Rank: 67
Meaning: kind, gentle, handsome

Name: Bailey
Movie: It’s a Wonderful Life
Rank: n/a
Meaning: one who is a bailiff

Name: Henry
Movie: It’s a Wonderful Life
Rank: 43
Meaning: home ruler

Name: Clark
Movie: National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
Rank: 554
Meaning: one who is a cleric or scribe

Name: Miles
Movie: Elf
Rank: 111
Meaning: gracious

            So those are some names I like from Christmas movies. What are your favorite Christmas movies and some of the names from them? Have a fabulous holidays and see everyone in the new year!

Hayl

No comments:

Post a Comment