Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Color Names

Hi everyone! It's Gabby! I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas!  I'm here to bring you some Christmas color names.  I'm going to try to mention names people rarely hear.  Let's go!! I'll do one girl name and one boy name for each color


Red

 Rouge (roozh)
 Origin: French
 Meaning: the color red







Cardinal
Origin: English
Meaning: from the bright red bird





Green

Harlequin
Origin: French
Meaning: mute pantomime clown

Kelly
Origin: Irish
Meaning: bright-headed








Blue

Carolina (care-uh-line-uh)
Origin: German
Meaning: feminine for of Charles

Cobalt
Origin: English
Meaning: shade of blue








White

Blanche
Origin: French
Meaning: white







Finnegan
Origin: Irish
Meaning: fair, white


Although Finnegan is not a "shade" of white it has white in the meaning so I thought it would count.  I hope everyone enjoys theirs presents 

No comments:

Post a Comment