Sunday, December 8, 2013

New Beginnings

As mention in this post their are changes coming to this blog!  

Hayley will now be an admin with me!!  I definitely could use the post, and we are a good team!
Another change, is we are adding 2 new writers!!  Welcome Gabby & Grace!!  Information about them will be include at the bottom of this post!

Starting MONDAY we will be posting 5 days a week!  With 3/6 bloggers writing ever week!  Now here are some intro's and bios!

Jamie 
-- Admin/Owner & Writer --
I'm Jamie!  I am 18 years old & attending college!!  I have a love for kids: worked a year at a daycare, and working at another daycare while i'm in school.  I'm majoring in Elementary Education!!  I love to watch Husker football, hang out with family and friends, scrapbook, blog (here and my personal blog), and drink Dr. Pepper!
I have always loved baby names.  I use to name my baby dolls!  I can't wait to someday have kids & name them!!  I like pretty common names, with a few uncommon names mixed in!!
I am super excited for all the changes I have made on this blog.  I'm super excited to have Hayley as an admin and to be adding Gabby & Grace!  I hope that we all stay interested and have time for the blog with the changes!  I just want to thank you all for reading, this blog is all for you!!  Please feel free to contact any of us if you ever have questions or need name help!  Also, comment and give us some comment love! :)

Hayley 
-- Admin & Writer --
I'm Hayley. I'm an almost 20 year old full time student living in Canada. I'm majoring in politics and absolutely love it. My hobbies include watching, coaching and playing sports (especially cheering for the Toronto Maple Leafs), writing, shopping and caring for some of the cutest pets in the world. Between two house, i split my time between 4 cats (Charlotte, Indie, Boris and Josie), 2 rats (Artemis and Athena) and a turtle (Darth). After I finish my BA, I'd like to get a Master's degree in social work.
My interest in names stems from my interest in words in general. I've always loved learning about different words and meanings and that just progressed into a love of names. My favorite named are generally more common, however, I have a strong interest in French names.
I'm very very excited to be an admin on this blog and am hoping that we all have a great time learning more about names together! Feel free to contact me if you ever have any questions about names, or me or just want to chat :)

Ali
-- Writer --
Hi! My name is Alivia, but you can call me Ali. I am (almost) 17 years old and I live in the USA. I am a hard-working high school student with hopes to someday be a NICU nurse or an ultrasound technician. My interests include reading, writing, listening to music, and, of course, names. My name taste varies, and changes often. I love all styles of names. My all-time favorite names are Lia Rose and Nicholas Anthony. Some of my other favorites include Daniel, Andrew, Aidan, Lily, Sarah & Juliette. I first started loving names around 7 years ago when my cousin and I would play "house" and have 7+ kids each. Thank goodness my name taste has evolved since then, because I'm sure my kids wouldn't appreciate being named Caytlynne and Ayedynn! I am looking forward to a fresh start on this blog with these lovely ladies! I hope you enjoy reading our posts!

Kirstie-- Writer -- 
Hi! I am Kirstie! I'm 16 years old and a Junior in high school. I've loved baby names since the eighth grade and my obsession has grown since then. I'm excited about these new changes! My top names change ... a lot! Hope you enjoy this blog as much as I do!
Grace
-- Writer --
Hello fellow baby namers! My name is Grace. I'm super excited to be blogging for you every other Thursday and having Gabby as my blog day partner :D  I’m 17 (almost 18) years old, and am in my last year of high school. I live in Michigan, and have all of my life. I, of course, love baby names and I always have. I remember being a little kid and naming my baby dolls Emily Ann and Coral Jane (I think that is what we namenerds would call a mismatched sibset, lol). Today my style ranges from one end of the spectrum to the other. I pretty much say that my style is “I like what I like” because I like names that range from the complete classic (William) to the complete trendy (Addison for a girl). I mentioned William above and that is my top boy name in the combo William Pierce. Unfortunately, I have no other names then that, and if I do, they change constantly!


Gabby
-- Writer --
Hello everyone.   I'm really excited to share my name nerdiness with everyone on this blog! (I don't have anyone in my family or friend circle who likes talking about names with me since they think it's awkward).  My name is Gabrielle and I'm a nerd (to put it bluntly).  My currently a sophomore in college as a Communications major and a Photography minor.  My interests include reading, school, Netflix, hanging out with friends, and basically everything an 18 year old college girl would do.  I'm a HUGE fangirl and a member of many fandoms that include Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Supernatural and Percy Jackson! I've loved baby names ever since I have owned stuffed animals (since I was maybe 3) and I was also, sort of, involved in the naming of my brother and sister!

Come back tomorrow to read Ali's post!  Thanks for reading!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment