Friday, December 6, 2013

Leaf Loving

Happy Friday!!
            Tomorrow night, I will happily be sitting down to watch my Toronto Maple Leafs play the (smelly and awful) Ottawa Senators. I’ve never been to an NHL game before, let alone a Leafs game and I’m thrilled to be able to cross it off my bucket list! In honor of this occasion, I thought I’d talk about the names of some of my favorite Leafs players (and throw in a little bit of eye candy too).

Joffrey
I don’t think it’s a stretch to call Mr. Lupul the sexiest man in hockey, but the name Joffrey. Not sexy. Joffrey is the phonetic spelling of the French name Geoffrey. Geoffrey comes from Germanic roots but is ultimately of unknown meaning.

Phillip
Phil Kessel is not so much eye candy but oh my lanta can that man play hockey! And he seems like a really chill dude too, he’s beat cancer, just sayin’. Phillip is an alternative spelling of Philip meaning friend of horses.

Nazem
I actually don’t have words for how much I love this man. Seriously, Kadri has number one celeb crush and favLeaf status for life. He’s just the best.  Nazem is an Arabic name possibly a different transcript of Nadim, meaning drinking buddy. Nazem inherited his name from his grandfather and father, technically making him Nazem Kadri III.

Morgan
Morgan Rielly is only 19 and an NHL defensemen. Crazy town. He’s my fav babyLeaf and possibly the cutest human being in existence. I'm mad in love with this photo because what's cuter than pajamas and puppies?! It helps that I also adore his name. Morgan is a Welsh name meaning sea circle and is totally ready for a comeback on boys!

James
There are not enough good things to say about James Reimer in LeafNation. He just does bad ass things like stopping 51 shots in a game. From all accounts, he’s also the nicest guy ever. Also, his wife is a babe. All around winner. James is derived from Jacob, meaning holder of the heel.

Any other hockey fans out there? What are some of the names of your fav players? Leave a comment!
Hayl


No comments:

Post a Comment