Monday, April 15, 2013

Where Were We 1 Year Ago?

Hey guys!
This week I decided to look back at my old favorite names from this time last year.
A few of them are the same, but some are VERY different.
On my listography (https://listography.com/0092025326), I list my top 10 names every Thursday, and on the last Thursday of the month, I figure out which names I like for the most week and put together my top 10 for that month.
For today's post, I will be looking at my top 10 from March 2012, and my top 10 from March 2013 (April isn't over yet!).
Enjoy!
March 2012
March 2013
Lia Rose
Lia Rose
Lily Josephine
Sarah Jane
Aliana Rose
Hannah Rae
Mia Rose
Alison Lindsey
Aubree Ella
Rylee Annabelle
Nicholas Anthony
Nicholas Anthony
Daniel Scott
Daniel Scott
Aidan Joseph
Aidan Joseph
Noah Landon
Andrew Colin
Ryan Joseph
Colin Richard


Thoughts on the 2012 list --> Overall, I still love all of these names. I don't like how I had Rose as a middle name for 3 out of 5 of my girls names! What was I thinking? That is crazy. And I had Joseph for 2 of the boys! Most of the first names would still be in my top 20, that is, if I actually had a top 20 lol. Its hard for me to even have a top 5 sometimes!


Comparing the 2 lists, I see a lot of similarities.

  • #1 for girls hasn't changed
  • My #2 names for girls both have J middle names
  • #3s for girls both have the "anna" sound
  • #3s for girls have R middles
  • Both #5 names for girls are trendy and end in -ee.
  • Middle names for #5 girls have "elle" in them
  • I have an Ali- name on both girls lists
  • #1, 2 & 3 for boys hasn't changed
  • On both lists, #4 & 5 have 4 syllables
  • #4 middles for boys don't have any significance for me
  • #5 first names don't have any significance for me

I hope you all enjoyed today's post!
Let me know which list you like more!
Have a great week!
~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment