Monday, April 29, 2013

New Names I Am LOVING!

Hey everyone!
I am home from Florida and as red as a lobster (and in a whole lot of pain...)! This week, while relaxing, I began to re-think some of the names in my top 10.
As of last week, my top 10 were:
Lia, Sarah, Hannah, Alison & Rylee
Nicholas, Daniel, Aidan, Andrew & Colin.
My #4 & 5 for girls and #5 for boys are constantly changing, and I think this is the time they will change again. Alison has been in the #4 / 5 spot for 4 weeks, Rylee for 6 weeks and Colin was at #5 for 7 weeks.
This week, I have replaced 2 of those names.
My #5 for girls is now Caroline, replacing Alison (although they are basically tied, but I can only pick 1 for #5, and I needed a change), and #5 for boys is now Greyson, replacing Colin.

Caroline-
I never used to like Caroline because of a really mean girl I know. Recently, I saw the name "Araline" in a school book and thought "Hmm... that sounds a lot like Caroline". I began to think more and more about the name Caroline and decided to add it to my list in November 2012 for the first time ever. It has always been filed away as a name I would never consider because of the girl I know, but now I am loving it so much. Caroline ranked #87 in 2011, so it is kind of popular, but not too much so. My favorite part of this name is all of the nicknames you can get away with! Cara, Carol, Carly, Ara, Carrie, and the list goes on! I would most likely use Carly or Cara, because I love those names alone as well.

-Other girls names I am loving: Macey, Mackenzie, Marissa, Vanessa, Norah, Mariah, Mia, Adelie, Delaney, Reese

Greyson-
First of all, I love -son names, and I am guilty of liking some of them on girls as well....including this one. I'm sorry, but Gracen (the spelling I like best) on a girl is absolutely adorable, and you can still use the nickname Gracie! On a boy, you can use Grey (or Gray, depending on how you spell it). I prefer the Grey spelling the best because it looks so much more masculine. Grey as a nickname sounds tough and strong. I have had Greyson on my list for a while, but never really paid much attention to it until a couple weeks ago. I decided to replace Colin because it is the middle name for my #4 (Andrew). I didn't like having Colin in 2 spots, so I thought "hey, what a perfect opportunity to add Greyson to the list!" And thus, Greyson became my #5 name.

-Other boys names I am loving: Cooper, Caleb, Camden, Tanner, Parker

I hope everyone has a great week!
Let me know what names you are all liking!
~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment