Sunday, April 7, 2013

Happy Birthday Gus!


Happy April everyone! Today happens to be the day that my little brother turns 16! Crazy. It seems like just yesterday we were little kids and now he’s almost an adult too. Anyways, today’s blog post is going to be all about him and what he plans on naming my future little nieces and nephews. Thankfully, his taste is pretty darn good!

My Brother: Angus Isaac

Stephen Miles – Stephen comes from the Greek meaning crown. Stephen does not rank in the Canadian top 100. Stephen is our maternal grandfather’s name and I could totally see it on a kid of Gus. Miles comes from Slavic roots meaning gracious and hits the Canadian top 100 at 72. I really love this combo. I think it’s very sweet and love that it honors.

Emily Joy – Emily is derived from a Roman surname meaning rival and is number 4 on the Canadian top 100. Joy is a virtue name and is not on the Canadian top 100. Now, we all know how I feel about virtue names, but I mind them less in the middle name slot. Emily is just gorgeous. I’d have it on my list in a heartbeat, but Gus has had it called for ages.

Connor William – Connor is an Irish name meaning wolf lover that is number 29th on the Canadian top 100. William is an English name with Germanic roots meaning desire to protect. It is number 17 on the Canadian charts. I freaking love Connor and how well this combo fits together. I can totally see it on a son of Gus’.

Lucy Snow – Lucy is derived from the Latin Lux, meaning light. Lucy does not rank in the Canadian top 100. Snow is a word name that also does not rank on the Canadian top 100. When Gus told me this combo, I’d not heard Snow as a middle before and though it was a little silly. But I’ve got to admit, it’s been growing on me since! This combo is just plain cute to me.

            Does anyone else talk names with their sibs? If so, what are their top combos? If not, what are their names?

- Hayl

1 comment:

  1. My sisters don't have combos, but they have pretty sweet naming tastes. Last time I talked to Allie, she wanted one son named Holden(yes, after the Catcher in the Rye character, but that's okay with me, he is one of my favorite literary characters :D). Molly and I haven't talked names in a while, but the last names I remember are Charlotte, Audrey, Cara, and Autumn. I don't like Autumn, but I do love Charlotte and Cara! I'm very grateful that I will (hopefully) have well named nieces and nephews :D ~Gracie

    ReplyDelete