Monday, April 8, 2013

Pretty Little Liars!

Happy Monday!
Okay, so this show is like a drug for me. I got hooked on it after hearing SO many people talk about it, and thought I would see what all the fuss was about. I was instantly hooked.
Today I will be talking about the 5 main girls in the show's real names AND character's names.
I have provided a picture as well as names, real ages, which name I prefer, which I think she suits better, and my opinions on each name.
Note: The middle names have only been provided if I know them / could find them on reliable sources on Google Search!
Enjoy!

Fictional Name: Alison Lauren DiLaurentis "Ali"
Real Name: Sasha Embeth Pieterse
Age: 17
Which name I prefer: Alison
Which name she suits: Sasha
My thoughts: I absolutely love both Alison & Lauren. I think they are both adorable. However, they don't flow well at all, and having Lauren in the surname (diLAURENtis) makes the flow worse. I don't mind Sasha. I think it is very pretty. I don't like Embeth at all, though.


Fictional name: Aria Montgomery
Real name: Karen Lucille Hale "Lucy"
Age: 23
Which name I prefer: Aria
Which name she suits: Aria
My thoughts: Aria is STUNNING! There is nothing I dislike about that name. I dislike both Karen & Lucille, but I love Lucy. I also like how she uses a nickname for her middle name as her screen name. 

Fictional name: Emily Fields
Real name: Shannon Ashley Mitchell "Shay"
Age: 26
Which name I prefer: Shannon
Which name she suits: Emily
My thoughts: First of all, this girl does not look 26 years old!!! Am I right? Wow, I hope I look like that when I'm 26 lol. I have mixed feelings about the name Emily. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. I love Shannon Ashley, though! Both names are beautiful and flow well together.

Fictional name: Hanna Marin
Real name: Ashley Victoria Benson
Age: 23
Which name I prefer: Hanna
Which name she suits: Hanna
My thoughts: I am in love with both of these names! There is nothing I would change about them. Absolutely stunning.

Fictional name: Spencer Jill Hastings
Real name: Troian (Troy-in) Avery Bellisario 
Age: 27
Which name I prefer: Spencer
Which name she suits: Spencer
My thoughts: 27!! 27 years old and she looks like that!!! Sorry, but I am appalled at how young they look! I love the name Spencer on a girl now. I never liked it at all until I started watching PLL. Spencer Jill flows wonderfully.  Surprisingly enough, I love Troian Avery as well. There is something so exotic about it, and I love the fact that you don't hear it every day.


Well, that's it. 
I hope you enjoyed this post!
Have a great week!
~Ali





1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'm surprised by all the nicknames! Karen doesn't suit Lucy Hale at all, and I've never heard Shay as a nickname for Shannon before. Very interesting!

    And don't worry about looking old when you're 27 - I know a fair few people aged like 25-30, and most only look about 20 or so :P

    ReplyDelete