Friday, February 22, 2013

Guest Post: Best Names of the Bad Girls Club

Happy Friday!  Enjoy this guest post from Raya!  Please contact us if you would like to guest post!!
----
Hi! This is Raya aka TabithaLillian from Formspring with another guest post. One of the only reality shows I have ever watched is the Bad Girls Club on Oxygen. It is about a bunch of women who live in a mansion together and often, tempers run hot. There is a lot of fighting, tears, and pranks. I am going to give a run-down of the most interesting names from all seasons of the show and what I thought of the girls who wore those monikers.

Cordelia (Season 2) - Cordelia is a Shakespearean name of “unknown” meaning and it is not in the top 1000. She was also character in the play “King Lear”. I have always had a soft spot for the name Cordelia, since a character on Buffy the Vampire Slayer is also named Cordelia. Cordelia on BGC was cool and by the end, she and the next girl I am going to mention were thick as thieves.

Tanisha (Season 2) - Tanisha is an African name than means “born on Monday” and is not in the top 1000. I don’t really like the name Tanisha, but I do love the girl. She was feisty and had a take-charge attitude I admire. She has often come back on Oxygen to host many of the BGC reunion shows.

Florina “Flo” (Season 4) - Florina is a Latin name that means “flower” and is not in the top 1000. I really like the name Florina, but I prefer the similar Flora or Floria. Flo from the BGC was a tough girl who partied hard and played harder. She is definitely more of a Flo and less of a Florina.

Wilmarie “Wilma” (Season 6) - Wilmarie is a combination of Wilma and Marie and it is not in the top 1000. I have grown to actually really like Wilmarie, but I do prefer the similar Wilhelmina. Wilma from the BGC was really cool and often won most of the fights she got into.

Judith “Judi” (Season 7) - Judith is a Hebrew name that means “of Judea” and is at #838 on the charts. I have never been a fan of Judith, but I love the nickname Judi. Judi on the BGC was always getting into fights and causing trouble, but that is part of the reason I liked her so much.

Nastasia “Stasi” (Season 7) - Nastasia is a Greek name that means “resurrection” and is not in the top 1000. I really love the name Natasia, although most people prefer Anastasia. I also really like the nickname Stasi over Stacey. Stasi from the BGC was very beautiful, but also very mean and often got into fights with the other girls. She and Judi were best friends in the house, along with another girl named Tiara.

Priscilla (Season 7) - Priscilla is a Latin name that means “ancient” and is at #487 on the popularity charts. I love, love, love the name Priscilla. In fact, it is #12 on my own list. It sounds so sweet and I love the nickname Cilla, but hate the nickname Prissy. Priscilla from the BGC was no priss either. She was short, but loud and funny. I loved her.

Gia (Season 8) - Gia is an Italian name than means “God is gracious” and is at #299 on the popularity charts. I like the name Gia and think it is cute. It is similar to a nickname I have picked out for my first daughter which is Gina. Gia from the BGC was tiny, but had a big personality. She would often get into fights (most of these girls do) and was also very beautiful.

Demitra “Mimi” (Season 8) - Demitra is a Greek name take from the God Demeter and is not in the top 1000. I don’t really like Demitra or the similar Demetria, but I do love the nickname Mimi. It reminds me of the character from Rent. Mimi from the BGC was one of my favorite girls because she was actually down-to –earth. Most girls on the BGC are not so level-headed.

Camilla (Season 8) - Camilla is a Latin name that means “altar server” and is #458 on the popularity charts. Camilla from the show actually pronounced her name KAH-MEE-LAH. I love this pronunciation but spelled Camila which is the Spanish form of Camilla. On the show, Camilla was brought in to stir up trouble and she did that by getting on everyone’s nerves.

Falen (Season 9) - Falen is a Gaelic name which means “leader” and is not in the top 1000. I love the name Falen, but prefer the spelling Fallon. It is such a cool name and I knew a Fallon growing up which made me like it even more. Falen from the BGC was really cool and had a unique style of dress that I really liked.

Well, that is it for this post. I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment