Friday, February 8, 2013

Guest Blogger: Samantha

Happy Friday!!  Enjoy today's blog post from Samantha!
----

Hello!! I'm Samantha:) (aka @Winterrrose on formspring) I am also an awesome Nebraskan myself and I am going to blog about music names, some of them are unisex but I prefer them on a particular gender:)))) I have played Viola FOREVER IT FEELS LIKE:) So let's get going!:) 

Girls::

-Harper: I've always thought of Harper as a girls name, because when I think of a Harp Player for some reason I think of a girl, so Harper has always been a girl name for me, even though it can be a boys name, I just find a little bit more feminine. This name is popular, but now that David and Victoria Beckham's daughter is named Harper, I think it is just going to get more and more popular:) I just love the way it sounds and looks, and as someone who is involved in music I can see myself having a Harper because of it being musical. 

Favorite Combo for Harper:: Harper Faith

-Etude: Etude is SOOO guilty pleasure for me! I think that it so adorable and cute, and works well for a girl. Maybe it is more usable for a middle name, but personally it is a little too GP for me. I personally find Etudes to be difficult sometimes to play, but I love it as a name! 

Favorite Combo for Etude::
 I don't have one:(

-Aria: Solo Melody:)))) One of my all time favorites, it used to be the top of my list (until Gemma and Lilah came along:) I think Aria is so pretty and gorgeous, and cute. Totally can see this name aging well:) 

Favorite Combo for Aria::
 Aria Katherine (or Catherine:)

-Symphony: MY ALL TIME FAVORITE GP NAME! I used to always say I would have a daughter Symphony Grey (I was in like 8th grade) Symphony is so gorgeous and I adore Symphonies anyway, so it seemed fitting...Symphony is one of those names I feel as if it is too grand for a little girl, I think whenever I have a daughter she will have Symphony somewhere in a room like some people have Live.Laugh.Love in their house. 

Favorite Combo for Symphony:: Symphony Grey

-Harmony: Harmony I feel as if is more usable than Symphony for a name...Also on Glee one of the Glee Project season 1 finalist, Lindsay Pierce's character was named Harmony on Glee and personally loved her Rachel-esque character...And thought it was extremely adorable. I love it and think it so feminine and I like it more than Melody personally. 

Favorite Combo for Harmony:: Harmony Kate

-Minuet: Another favorite name of mine...If I could use it, I totally would, Minuet sounds so beautiful and gorgeous and girly!!! Can't you picture a cute little theatre major named Minuet? It is a little GP, but I love it so much that maybe one day I will feel a little more adventurous and name a daughter Minuet. 

Favorite Combo for Minuet::
 Minuet Rose

-Piper:
 Another name like Harper that I adore!!!! But I personally love it because of Charmed, I think Holly Marie Combs' character was fantastic and totally made me love the names Phoebe, Piper, Paige, and Prue by itself (I dislike Prudence for some reason) a lot...

Favorite Combo for Piper:: Piper Josephine

-Calliope: Adore this name!!! It is Greek and it means "Beautiful Voiced" I feel like it is so girly and adorable:) It also reminds me of Grey's Anatomy...I love the nickname Callie because it just feels so feminine and precious:) 

Favorite Combo for Calliope:: Calliope Belle. 

Final girls name:: 

-Rhapsody: Yes, Rhapsody...It is SOOO GP it isn't even funny, however I adore it and think it is so precious and girly!!! And you could call her Rae or something...I feel like If someone was super adventurous they could name their daughter Rhapsody. 

Favorite Combo for Rhapsody:: None:(

Now for the boys, there aren't as many as the girls, but there are some...

Alto: Alto is in reference to Alto Clef which is the clef that Viola players play in or in reference to an Alto Saxophone. I think Alto is super cool and not like Jagger or whatever, works well for a boy and I feel like Alto as a name that no other name sounds like...

Favorite Combo for Alto:: 
None:(

Cello: An extremely interesting name, I feel it is WAY too guilty pleasure for me, but I really do love Cello and think it is really cool for a boy. It just sounds like it rocks and I can picture a little boy being named Cello:)

Favorite Combo for Cello:: None:( 

Lyric: Lyric for a boy is a GP name because of Ashley Parker Angel's son Lyric. I remember hearing it and I thought his name is so cool! Lyric sounds awesome on both a boy and a girl, but for this I put it as boy, because there aren't that many boys music names I like.

Favorite Combo for Lyric:: Lyric Anthony. 

And final boys name:)

Tempo: It sounds quite random, like who would name their child Tempo, but honestly, I think it is kind of adorable. I can picture a little man named Tempo or having the middle name Tempo because it is so interesting. It just sounds cool, Tempo. I would assume the little man would be a whole ball of energy if his name was Tempo. 

Favorite Combo for Tempo:: None. 

So what are YOUR favorite music names or combos from this list? These are honestly just are my favorite ones, there are plenty more!!--
~SJ

1 comment:

  1. Out of these I like:
    ~ Harper (it's MUCH better as a girls name, I can't see it on a boy at all) - Harper Faith is pretty cute =)

    ~ Aria <333 - Aria Catherine is alright, but I don't love it (mostly because Catherine isn't really my thing). Aria is on my list paired as Aria Summer <3

    ~ Symphony - Symphony Grey isn't my thing though ("grey" names make combos seem dull to me).

    ~ Harmony - Harmony Kate is very cute =D

    ~ Piper - Piper Josephine isn't my thing at all. My combo for Piper is Piper Astoria <3

    ~ Calliope - Calliope Belle is lovely =)

    ~ Lyric - I prefer it on a girl, but I can see Lyric as a boys name too =) I like Lyric Anthony =D
    ______________________

    I also love the name Song on a girl <3 It's an actual name (Song is Chinese) in addition to being an English word, so I think I can get away with it ;D

    ReplyDelete