Monday, September 1, 2014

Updated Top 10 Names!

Hey everyone!
Today I will be sharing with you my personal top 10 names! They have changed SO MUCH since I last shared them with you, which was about a year ago.
The names are listed in order from 1-5 (1 being my favorite). I have also listed the possible nicknames, rank on the SSA list for 2013, meaning of the first and middle names, why the name is my favorite, and the name that was in that spot last year.
Enjoy!

#1
Name: Lia Rose
Possible nicknames: Lee, Leelee
Rank: 385
Meaning: 'weary' / 'rose'
Why Lia Rose is one of my favorite names: I have always loved the name Leah, but when I stumbled upon this spelling, I fell even more in love. "-Lia" is the ending of my grandmother's maiden name, and I love how I am able to honor her by using this spelling. Also, Lia is an Italian name, and I am 50% Italian. Rose is my middle name, as well as my great-grandmother's name. It also honors another great-grandmother, whom is named Daisy. 
One year ago: Lia Rose

#2
Name: Caroline Thea
Possible nicknames: Cara, Carrie, Carly, Callie
Rank: 63
Meaning: 'free man' / 'goddess'
Why Caroline Thea is one of my favorite names: Caroline is such a "Sweet" name (bonus points for those who get the reference ;)). I adore names with nicknames, and obviously this name is not lacking in that department! Thea is a diminutive of my Grammie's name, Dorothy. She is my best friend, and I hope to be able to name a child after her some day.
One year ago: Lily Jane

#3
Name: Juliet Nala
Possible nicknames: Jill, Jet, Jules
Rank: 238
Meaning: 'youthful' / (meaning of Nala is unknown)
Why Juliet Nala is one of my favorite names: I never really paid attention to the name Juliet until Stephanie (AnastasiaRuby on Youtube and Instagram) named her daughter Juliette. She is such a beautiful little lady, and really has me loving this name. Nala is my father's and grandfather's middle name, Alan, spelled backwards. It also honors my deep love for Disney!
One year ago: Abigail Sarah

#4
Name: Nella Kate
Possible nicknames: Nell, Nellie, Elle, Ellie, Ella
Rank: Not in the top 1000
Meaning: 'bright, shining one' / 'pure' 
Why Nella Kate is one of my favorite names: I LOVE the nickname Nell / Nellie, but would never use it on its own. I think Nella is such a cool and unique way to get those nicknames. I work at a daycare center, and there is a little girl there named Anella, whom we call Nella. She has loved me since day one, and made me fall in love with this name even more! Kate is my cousin Sara's middle name, and the nickname of two other cousins named Caitlin.
One year ago: Alison Lindsey

#5
Name: Savannah Lily
Possible nicknames: Sav, Savvy, Van, Vanna, Ava, Annie, Anna
Rank: 37
Meaning: 'tropical grassland' / 'lily' 
Why Savannah Lily is one of my favorite names: Savannah has always been one of my favorites! I first heard it on 7th Heaven, when Lucy named her daughter this in the 2005 episode 'Paper of Plastic?'. It has been in and out of my top 5 for a while, but it is sitting pretty at #5 for now. Lily honors the same people as Rose, as it is a flower name.
One year ago: Isla Siobhan

#1
Name: Aidan Joseph
Possible nicknames: A, Aidy, Danny, AJ
Rank: 147 (However, Aiden is 12)
Meaning: 'little and fiery' / 'Jehovah increases'
Why Aidan Joseph is one of my favorite names: I love all of the -ayden names (except for Jayden), so of course, I love Aidan. Joseph is my uncle/godfather's name, and the male variation of another great-grandmother's name, Josephine.
One year ago: Nicholas Anthony

#2
Name: Landon Jack
Possible nicknames: Landy, Andy 
Rank: 39
Meaning: 'long hill' / 'God is gracious' 
Why Landon Jack is one of my favorite names: There is something so soft-sounding about the name Landon. I know that it is getting SUPER popular, but I just love it! Jack is honoring a woman who has made a huge impact on my life. She is my best friend's mom, and her name is Jackie. She has helped me through all of the hard times in my life, and has kept me strong. She also got me my first job, and I am forever grateful for her.
One year ago: Daniel Scott

#3
Name: Parker Dane
Possible nicknames: Park, Parks
Rank: 74
Meaning: 'park keeper' / 'from Denmark' (these meanings together make me laugh lol) 
Why Parker Dane is one of my favorite names: Parker is a long-time favorite. I go by Ali Parker online, but Parker is not my real last name. It is just a name I love, and decided to use as a "pen name" when I joined Formspring years ago. Dane is a combination of my Grammie's first and middle names (Dorothy + Jane = Dane).
One year ago: Andrew Colin

#4
Name: Jace Anthony
Possible nicknames: Jay
Rank: 66
Meaning: 'the Lord is salvation' / 'priceless' 
Why Jace Anthony is one of my favorite names: I actually just added this name to my top 5 today (Sunday). I love the name Jace, and yes, I got it from Teen Mom. Anthony is my brother's middle name and my grandfather's first name.
One year ago: Aidan Joseph

#5
Name: Jordan Nicholas
Possible nicknames: Joey, Jo
Rank: 53
Meaning: 'flowing down' / 'people of victory' 
Why Jordan Nicholas is one of my favorite names: Along with Jace, Jordan was just added to my top 5 today. It had been on there a couple weeks ago, but it took a leave-of-absence. I love Jordan for either gender. Nicholas was my great-grandfather's name, and is the masculine form of a cousin's middle name, Nicole.
One year ago: Samuel Leo

No comments:

Post a Comment