Tuesday, September 24, 2013

What name am I?

Good morning name buds! Today I have a bit of a different game for you all. There were some super fun name riddles on the names facebook group I’m a part of, so I decided to try my hand at them! Hopefully, they're not too hard and not to easy, just right! All the names are in the ssa top 100 and I’ll specify the gender before the riddle.

(b)
You’ll find me South of Bean Town,
In the name of a man who wore a legal gown,
If you need one final clue,
The number 5 will have to do!

(unisex)
You’ll find me on both girl and boy,
My meaning synonymous with joy,
If you cannot guess me yet,
Think UK for your best bet!

(g)
More common in Netherlands than USA,
But I’ve been global in many ways,
Seen by the Romans, Egyptians and Greek,
A goddess will be what you seek!

(b)
Latin and Greek are my roots,
But in many languages, I have many off shoots,
A character in Disney and Shakespeare alike,
In the midst of a popularity spike!

(g)
When you hear me, you might think parade,
Today my popularity’s starting to fade,
If you need one more hint to find me,
There are four spellings you’d expect to see!

 Leave an answer in the comments. I’ll try and remember to check back and give some feedback if no one is getting them, otherwise, look for the answers in my Friday post!

Hayl

No comments:

Post a Comment