Saturday, September 21, 2013

My Updated Top 10!

Hey everyone!
I do plan on continuing my "Top 10 most popular" series, but for today, I will be sharing my personal top 10. They have changed a ton since last time I shared them with you, which was back in March. I have given the name (with middle & nickname if there is one), rank of the first name on the 2012 SSA list, meaning of both first and middle, why I like the name, and what name was in that spot last time. Enjoy!!

Girls:
Name: Lia Rose 
Back in March: Lia Rose
Rank: 351
Meaning: weary / rose
Why I like it: I have always loved the name Leah, but when I stumbled upon this spelling, I fell even more in love. "-Lia" is the ending of my grandmother's maiden name, so I love how I can honor her with it. Also, this spelling is Italian, and I am 50% Italian. Rose is my middle name and my Mema's name. 

Name: Lily Jane
Back in March: Sarah Jane
Rank: 16
Meaning: elegant / believer in a gracious god 
Why I like it: My great-grandmother's name is Daisy. I love Lily because it is also a flower name and it reminds me of her. Jane is my Grammie's middle name. She is a huge inspiration to me. 

Name: Abigail Sarah "Abbie"
Back in March: Hannah Rae 
Rank: 7
Meaning: joyful / princess
Why I like it: The nickname Abbie has always sounded adorable to me. I also think it ages very well. Sara is my cousins name, but I think Sarah looks more complete as a middle name. 

Name: Alison Lindsey "Ali"
Back in March: Alison Lindsey
Rank: 273
Meaning: noble / calming
Why I like it: *Just as a disclaimer: this name did fall off my list for a few months. I had no idea I had it in the same spot back in March! Also, no one else calls me Ali except for you guys.* I love Alison because the nickname Ali is absolutely adorable. Lindsey is my best friend's name and I love how it sounds with Alison. 

Name: Isla Siobhan (EYE-luh shiv-AWN)
Back in March: Rylee Annabelle 
Rank: 230
Meaning: island / lovely
Why I like it: Isla is such a classy, feminine name that makes me think of a princess. Siobhan is a name I have always loved, and is a variation of Jane, which is my Grammie's middle. 

Boys: 
Name: Nicholas Anthony "Cole"
Back in March: Nicholas Anthony
Rank: 49
Meaning: winner / priceless
Why I like it: Nicholas and Anthony both honor more than one person. Nicholas honors my great-grandfather by the same name, and my cousin, who's middle name is Nicole. Anthony is after my grandfather, who has this name, and my little brother, who's middle name is Anthony. Although the name is very long, I still think it flows well and sounds great on any age. For a nickname, I would use Cole, because it is adorable and unexpected. 

Name: Daniel Scott "Danny"
Back in March: Daniel Scott 
Rank: 11
Meaning: spiritual / happy
Why I like it: Daniel is my absolute best friends name and I hope to someday use it to honor him. Scott is my dad's name, and I think it goes well with Daniel. 

Name: Andrew Colin
Back in March: Aidan Joseph
Rank: 18
Meaning: manly & brave / peaceful 
Why I like it: My Grampy and Dad both have the middle name Alan. Al- is after one of my Grampy's grandfathers, Alexander, and -an is after the other grandfather, Andrew. I love Andrew because it honors all 4 of these men, and because of the meaning. Colin is a combination of my cousins' names, Connor and Benjamin. 

Name: Aidan Joseph 
Back in March: Andrew Colin 
Rank: 115
Meaning: fiery spirit / he will add
Why I like it: Aidan is just a name I have loved for a long time. Joseph is my uncle /godfather's middle name, and the male variation of my great-grandmother's name, Josephine. 

Name: Samuel Leo "Sam / Sammy" 
Back in March: Colin Richard 
Rank: 25
Meaning: prophet / lion
Why I like it: Samuel is a super cute name that sounds handsome on a baby and an old man. Leo is a shortened form of my great-grandfather's name, Leonard. 

I am so excited to be back to doing these blog posts! I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and let me know what you think of my new top 10! 
~Ali 

No comments:

Post a Comment