Monday, August 26, 2013

The top 'I' names of 2012

Hey guys!
Week 9: 'I' names!
Enjoy!

GIRLS:
Name: Isabella
Rank: 3
My opinion: I love this name. Popularity doesn't matter to me if I love a name, so I don't mind that it has been in the top 10 for 8 years. I love it.

Name: Isabelle
Rank: 126
My opinion: I love this spelling of Isabelle as a first name. I think it is adorable.

Name: Isabel
Rank: 134
My opinion: I prefer this spelling of Isabel as a middle name, because it is shorter than Isabelle.

Name: Izabella
Rank: 159
My opinion: This spelling looks much harsher than Isabella, even if Izabella is how it is pronounced.

Name: Ivy
Rank: 187
My opinion: The only name not related to Isabella on this list, and I don't like it. It reminds me of poison ivy.

Favorite 'I' girls' name: Isabella
Least favorite 'I' girls' name: Ivy

BOYS
Name: Isaac
Rank: 30
My opinion: I used to LOATHE this name, but I am coming around to it, and it isn't so bad. I just hate when people spell it Issac.

Name: Isaiah
Rank: 42
My opinion: Love this, but I'm sorry to say it: I cant picture it on a Caucasian baby.

Name: Ian
Rank: 78
My opinion: My favorite I name of all time! Love it!

Name: Ivan
Rank: 113
My opinion: I used to be a HUGE Curious George fan and I loved that movie. Ivan was the name of the mean doorman at the apartment building The Man In The Yellow Hat lived in. He did not like George, so I did not like him, and I do not like his name.

Name: Iker
Rank: 230
My opinion: I don't like this name. It sounds too hard for a baby.

Favorite 'I' boys' name: Ian
Least favorite 'I' boys' name: Iker

Have a great week!
~Ali

2 comments:

  1. I think Isabella in all it's various forms has grown tiresome. It was pretty way back when it was unusual and had kind of an exotic and old-fashioned sound. But now it just sounds the same way 'jennifer' sounded in the late '70s or 'brittany' sounded in the '80s. It's a perfectly nice name, just way overdone.

    I like Isaac and Isaiah, but if I really wanted to stick with "I" names, I'd look for something a little off the beaten path: Maybe Ivory or Indica or Indio or maybe even Indigo. Also, if I had a daughter named Elizabeth, I think Itsy would be a cute nick-name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A website that really helps you in baby naming, no matter what your origin, you will get baby names of all origin in www.babynology.com. In the website, they even organize baby photo contest every month.

    ReplyDelete