Thursday, January 30, 2014

Grace's Favorite Names

This week I am going to do something that I really never do; I’m going to talk about my personal top names. The reason that I don’t talk about them too often is that they change a lot, at least the girl’s names, and I’m always nervous that I’m going to talk about them, and then want to change them right after it gets posted. I've decided to take the leap today because these have been my top names for a little while, and they seem like they are going to stick around for a while (though they can always change ten seconds after this is posted). I’m only going to talk about my top 3 combos for each gender because I tend to ramble (example: this opening) and if I talk about all 5 of my combos then we will be here until my next post.

I think I am going to start with the gentlemen for a change, and because they are more constant.

William Craig- William has been my top name since about March 2013, and I don’t see it going anywhere any time soon. To me William is just a very handsome and strong name. I really think that William can suit any person, of any age, in any profession and to me this makes a great name. Craig, like all of my middle names, is an honoring name. Craig was my mom’s brother’s name who died when he was 9 years old, so I never met him. If I had been a boy, either my first or middle name would have been Craig. I think because my mom never had a son it would make her really happy if I used the middle name Craig.

Jackson Alexander- Jackson is such an adorable handsome name, and I've just been loving it lately. It’s really cool to me, and I just love the nickname Jacks. I would use the nickname Will with William, and the nicknames Will and Jacks are just so cute together to me J. ! Alexander is a take on my older sister Alexandra’s name. Allie is one of my favorite people in the world, and she has always been there for me.

Henry John- This is a name that has always been on and off of my lists, and now it is solidly sitting at number 3. Henry to me is just classy and wonderful and no matter how popular it gets I will always love it (clearly with William and Jackson as my top names, I don’t give a crap about popularity). John is a name that has a lot of significance to me. John is the name of a swim coach who always believed in me, the name of a boy with autism who taught me how even if someone is different they are still important, that in a way I can speak a different language and led me to find a passion for helping, and Jon is my dad’s middle name.

And now the ladies…

Evelyn Ruth- I was going through my closet and I found this old weird folder on one of my shelves and decided to go through it. Turns out it was a bunch of old stuff of my moms, like pictures and letters, and even her baptismal record; on this record was my grandma’s full name, which turned out to be Ruth Evelyn. I’ve always been planning on honoring my granny my using her first name Ruth as a middle name, but then I heard this combo. I was so ecstatic because the combo Evelyn Ruth is perfect to me. I adore the name Evelyn because it’s sweet and old fashioned and I can picture it on someone of any age. Also, these names together have an awesome meaning with Evelyn meaning “wished for child” and Ruth meaning “friend, companion”.

Charlotte Alexandra- Charlotte is another name that has been on and off of my list. I think the main reason that before now it never stuck is because my sister “claimed” it but really can somebody claim a name before a baby is conceived/born? I don’t think so. Charlotte may be popular but I don’t think that diminishes how lovely and classic it is. Alexandra is again to honor my wonderful sister J

Nora May- Nora is a short and sweet name that I have always loved. I remember in 7th grade that I wanted to name my daughter Norah Catherine. Now, I don’t like the H spelling as much as the without an H spelling; I like how streamlined Nora looks. May is to honor my mom, who was born in the month of May. I decided to use May instead of her name, because I REALLY dislike her name (it’s Karen).


So those are them, my top names William, Jackson, Henry, Evelyn, Charlotte and Nora J

No comments:

Post a Comment