Friday, October 17, 2014

My Current Top Names

Hey all,
Recently, I've been feeling the need to completely redo my names list, so in case I do, I thought I'd run through them here!

Jacob Douglas "Jake" - Jacob is one of those names that always seems to be hovering around my tops. I just love it so much! To me, it's timeless and can absolutely withstand mega popularity. I also love Jake as a nn option. Douglas honors my daddy and I absolutely will use it as a middle for my first boy!
Calder Isaac - Calder is a newer name to me. I love it because of the association with the trophy given for the AHL playoff winner. As my future children would definitely play hockey, I think its a neat association. Isaac honors my brother and uncle as well as just being a cool name!
Luke Sullivan - I used to FAR prefer Lucas to Luke, but lately the simplicity of Luke has just been super appealing to me! I also think it pairs well with Sullivan. Sullivan is my last name and if I were to change my name before having kiddos, it'd be a cool honoring middle.
Gibson Alty - Gibson to me just seems like a total cool name. I love the guitar association and could just imagine the most awesome little dude with this name. Alty was a family surname and is my grandpa's middle.
Keir Silas - I love the sound of Keir, but also sometimes feel like it's a little to out there. Silas is one of my favorite cousin's names.

Adina Claire "Addy" - Adina is a newer name to my lists, but I definitely think I could see me using it. I love the association with the character in Beauty Queens by Libba Bray. Addy is just a darling nn option. Claire is my nana's name and like Douglas, would be an automatic choice for my first girl.
Posy Alison - I think Posy is one of those names that's just unimaginably sweet without being too cutesy. I also like how it pairs with Alison and sort of softens it up a little. Alison would honor my best friend Alyssa.
Verity Paige - I have this thing about book names for girls- Verity comes from Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein which is one of my all time favorites. I love it's sassy feel and the meaning. Paige is my other best friends name.
Layla Bee - I Layla's association with the Eric Clapton song. I also just feel like it has a really gorgeous, musical sound. Bee would be to honor my mom (Bessie "Bee"). I do feel that this combo is a bit on the cutesy side, but I still love it.
Caroline Poppy "Cory" - Caroline is one of my all time favorites, but for whatever reason I just don't know if I can see me using it. I love the Cory nn option; super girly names with more masculine nn's is one of my favorite things! Poppy indirectly honors my papa who is a WWII veteran.

No comments:

Post a Comment