Friday, October 25, 2013

Irish Names

I don’t know about you, but I’m SUPER PUMPED for National Novel Writing Month! If you’re a writer and have not heard of this gem, run a google search, sign up and add me as a friend! (I am HaylStorm9 if you seriously do want to add me as a friend!) Anyway, how this ties into a blog post is that a friend needed some Irish names for her NaNo and I’ve had Irish names on the brain lately! So this post is all about my favorite Irish names.

Girls

Name: Bridget
Rank: 453
Meaning: exaulted one

Name: Finola
Rank: n/a
Meaning: white shoulder

Name: Nessa
Rank: n/a
Meaning: uncertain meaning

Name: Orla
Rank: n/a
Meaning: golden princess

Name: Sinéad
Rank: n/a
Meaning: god is gracious

Boys

Name: Conor
Rank: 59
Meaning: wolf lover

Name: Finley
Rank: 547
Meaning: white warrior

Name: Nolan
Rank: 88
Meaning: noble, famous

Name: Sullivan
Rank: 490
Meaning: little dark eye

Name: Tiernan
Rank: n/a
Meaning: little lord

            I know I generally talk about my thoughts on the names, but it’s midterm season and this girl is BUSY! So I hope I made up with it with colorful patterns! What are you favorite Irish names?

Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment