Sunday, March 2, 2014

My updated top 10!!

Hey guys!
I am so excited to do this post!
Last time I did a top 10 post was about 6 months ago!! 
Below, I have listed my current top name, the name in that spot 6 months ago, the name in that spot 1 year ago, and why I love my current name. 
Enjoy!

Girls: 
#1: Lia Rose
6 months ago: Lia Rose
1 year ago: Lia Rose
Why I love this name: -Lia are the last three letters of my Nana's surname. Lia is also Italian, and I am 50% Italian. Rose is my great-grandmother's name, and my middle name. It is also used to honor my other great-grandmother, whose name is Daisy (both are flower names). I am set on using this name for my first daughter, and can't imagine using any other name. 

#2: Juliet Ainsley
6 months ago: Lily Jane 
1 year ago: Sarah Jane 
Why I love this name: I started loving Juliet when Stephanie (@anastasiaruby on YouTube) used it for her daughter. I like the -ette spelling as well, but I think -et looks simpler. Ainsley is used to honor my best friend Lindsey. If you rearrange the letters in her name (and change the 'd' to an 'a') you get Ainsley!

#3: Annabel Kate
6 months ago: Abigail Sarah
1 year ago: Hannah Rae
Why I love this name: Annabel honors my nana, Mary Ann, and my best friend, Lindsey Anne. I think Annabel sounds like a princess, and love the nickname options (Annie, Belle, Nell, Nellie, Elle, etc). Kate is my cousins name, and honors two other cousins who are named Caitlin. 

#4: Charlotte Jana (JAY-nuh)
6 months ago: Alison Lindsey 
1 year ago: Alison Lindsey 
Why I love this name: I just think Charlotte is absolutely adorable, and currently have a huge name-crush on Charlie. Jana is to honor my Grammie, whose middle name is Jane. 

#5: Zara (ZAH-ruh) Siobhan (shuh-VAWN)
6 months ago: Isla Siobhan
1 year ago: Rylee Annabelle 
Why I love this name: Zara is honoring my cousin, Sara. Also, 'Z' is SUCH a cool initial! Siobhan is the Irish variation of the name Jane, which is my Grammie's middle name. 

Boys: 
#1: Nicholas Anthony
6 months ago: Nicholas Anthony
1 year ago: Nicholas Anthony
Why I love this name: Nicholas is my great-grandfather's name. He passed away about 2 years ago. I love the idea of using his name for my first son.  Also, it is the masculine version of my cousin's middle name, Nicole. Anthony is my grandfather's name and my brother's middle name. 

#2: Daniel Scott
6 months ago: Daniel Scott
1 year ago: Daniel Scott 
Why I love this name: Daniel is my best guy-friend's name. He means the world to me and I love his name. Scott is my dad's name. 

#3: Andrew Colin 
6 months ago: Andrew Colin 
1 year ago: Aidan Joseph 
Why I love this name: Andrew comes from the middle name of my dad and grandfather, which is Alan. When my great-grandparents were naming my grandfather, they combined the Al- in Alexander and the An- in Andrew to make Alan. I think Andrew ages well and is adorable! Colin is (kind of) a combination of my cousins names, Connor and Benjamin. 

#4: Aidan Joseph
6 months ago: Aidan Joseph
1 year ago: Andrew Colin
Why I love this name: I love Aidan because of it's meaning: 'fiery spirit'. It makes my think of an outgoing boy with a big personality.  Joseph is my uncle / godfather's middle name. 

#5: Samuel Ronan
6 months ago: Samuel Leo
1 year ago: Colin Richard 
Why I love this name: I'm not really sure why I love Samuel. I just think Sam (or Sammy when he is younger) is so cute!!! Ronan is another name I love because of it's meaning: 'little seal'. 

Thank you for reading!
~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment