Monday, March 10, 2014

Choosing Name Series: Jenn

Hey there!! Im Jennifer from the Vanzant Family Blog! So excited to be apart of the name series! Hope you come over to my blog and check it too! I am a stay at home mom of three under two! Yup, you heard that correctly! Two year old twins and a sweet miracle who is about to turn one! I blog about my everyday life with raising kids, recipes, DIY projects and more! You can view my blog here

1. What are your children's names? Jocelynn Caye Vanzant, Jeffrey Paul Vanzant and Madelynn Rae Vanzant

2. Are any of the names honoring anyone? Jeffrey's name is for sure. We had a very hard time ttc before going thru IVF to get our twins. As you all know IVF is outrageously expensive. Well, my dad and my husbands dad helped us out a bit in this situation. What better way to say thank you than name our son after them both? The name Jeffrey comes from my dad. His name is Jeffrey and we call him Jeff. I actually call him dad;) The name Paul comes from Matts dad. It is his middle name and the initials "JP" actually run in Matts family. We call Jeffrey Paul "JP". Thats all he knows actually. He has no clue his name is Jeffrey Paul hah! Jocelynns middle name is "Caye" which is my middle name too.

3. What other names did you consider naming them? Oh goodness. We had so many names. It got so hard for me that I ended up letting Matt choose their official names. I liked every name we had on our lists. We didn't find out what we were having when we were pregnant with Maddie. We called her "nugget" while we were pregnant. We did decided fairly quickly on a name choice for either a boy or a girl. I loved our boy name! It was "Jace Matthew". I love both of those names and they just fit so well together. When nugget decided to come and we found out she was a she.. her name fit immediately. It is so funny how after you choose a name, that baby just fits that name so well.

4. Why did you pick the names you chose? There was just something about those names. I just loved them. And they fit each of our babies so well.

5. Did you and your spouse have trouble agreeing on a name? Not really. We were just so indecisive about the middle names. I gave up after a couple of months and told the husband to choose. I was so tired of all the names games. He chose the middle names and I love them all!

6. Did you come up with a name before the child arrived?  Yes we did. We knew what the twins names would be before they were born. The same thing with Maddie too. We just didn't know which name we would use for her.. a boy or a girls name. But honestly i knew i was pregnant with a little girl and was in love with the name Madelynn and calling her "maddie" already.

7. Explain the process about naming the child. Well, if you're like me you kind of had a hint ever since you were just a baby yourself what you wanted to name your kids. I had the perfect name chosen growing up but I made a mistake and shared it with a friend. She had a baby before I did and guess what? Yup, she named her child that. So when me and Matt found out we were pregnant the first time we dove into the name books, apps and more. I skimmed across the name Jocelynn one day and just couldn't stop thinking about it. The same thing happened with Madelynns name too. I just loved them so much! It fits their characters so well too! It is so crazy. So dive into those books or apps or even favorite TV shows! You will know when you come across a name you love! I know I did with all of mine!

------
Thank you so much Jenn for guest posting today!  Hope you all enjoyed her post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment