Friday, May 16, 2014

Occupation Baby Names

Happy Friday! Sometimes when I'm in a bit of a names rut, i like to go back to what I know well. Occupation names have always been one of my fav 'genres' of name. They just have such an effortlessly cool sound to them I think! So today, I thought I'd write about some of my favorite occupation names. The colors corespond to the genders I prefer these names on

Name: Cooper
Meaning: barrel maker
Rank: 84

Name: Deacon
Meaning: cleric
Rank: 441

Name: Harper
Meaning: harp player
Rank: 16 for girls, 659 for boys

Name: Hunter
Meaning: one who hunts
Rank: 36 for boys, 930 for girls\

Name: Mason
Meaning: stone worker
Rank: 4

Name: Paige
Meaning: servant or page
Rank:128

Name: Piper
Meaning: flute player
Rank: 97

Name: Ranger
Meaning: park keeper
Rank: n/a

Name: Sawyer
Meaning: wood cutter
Rank: 120 for boys, 446 for girls

Name: Walker
Meaning: wool processor
Rank: 369

If it werent incredibly tacky, I could easily name a sibset using only occupation names! So, what are your favorite occupation names? And, are there any name themes you just cant get enough of?

No comments:

Post a Comment