Monday, July 1, 2013

The top 10 'A' names of 2012

Hi everyone!
Today, I will start a new series. I will go through the alphabet and tell you the top 5 names for boys and girls starting with each letter that ranked the highest in 2012. Girls will start, and boys will follow. I will give name, rank, and my [short] opinion of the names.
Enjoy!

GIRLS:
Name: Ava
Rank: 5
My opinion: I love this name. It is short, sweet and ages well.

Name: Abigail
Rank: 7
My opinion: SO cute! I love this name in full, and with the nickname Abbie.

Name: Avery
Rank: 13
My opinion: I don't like this one. Ever since someone mentioned that it sounds like 'ovary', I can't think of anything else when I hear it.

Name: Addison
Rank: 14
My opinion: I love Addison. I know most people prefer it masculine, I can't help but squeal when I hear a little Addie. Super adorable!

Name: Aubrey
Rank: 15
My opinion: Aubrey is SO freaking adorable, but SO popular. Yes, it is the 5th most popular 'A' name, but with the Aubree and Aubrie and Aubrey spellings together, it is WAY higher on the list.

Favorite 'A' girls' name: Aubrey
Least favorite 'A' girls' name: Avery

BOYS:
Name: Alexander
Rank: 9
My opinion: Definitely my least favorite of the boys list. I do not like the nicknames for it, the name in full or anything about it. Blech.

Name: Aiden
Rank: 10
My opinion: LOVE LOVE LOVE. I am probably one of the only people in the baby naming community who loves all the -aiden names, but I cant help it! I think they are so cute! I do prefer the Aidan spelling, though.

Name: Anthony
Rank: 15
My opinion: This is the middle name for my top combo, Nicholas Anthony. I think it works great as a middle name, but I am not a huge fan of it as a first name.

Name: Andrew
Rank: 18
My opinion: Super dooper cute! Andrew recently became my #3 boys names, switching spots with Aidan, who is now at #4. I love this name, as it is a family name, and I love the nickname "Drew".

Name: Aaron
Rank: 51
My opinion: I like Aaron. It isn't my favorite name, but I don't mind it. I wouldn't put it on my list, but if my husband had his heart set on using Aaron, I would definitely consider it.

Favorite 'A' boys' name: Andrew
Least favorite 'A' boys' name: Alexander

Well, that's it for today!
I hope you guys follow this series! It will be a long one!
Have a great week, and happy summer!
~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment