Monday, July 14, 2014

Talkin Bout Girl Names

Well hello there and happy Monday!  It's a new week and that means the start of the new theme!  Like we announced yesterday, this weeks theme is GIRL names!

I've always been one to find and like girl names easily.  A lot more easier then boy names!

Today i'm going to look at the top 20 girl names according to SSA for 2013!

  1. Sophia -- Means wisdom in Greek -- I love this name!  I have loved it for the longest time and I could definitely see myself using this name one day :)
  2. Emma -- Means "Whole" or "Universe" -- I definitely like this name and think  it is cute!  Not sure I could see myself naming a child this though 
  3. Olivia -- Means olive -- I think this is such a cute girls name!  I think of little blonde hair cute little girls when I think of an Olivia!
  4. Isabella -- Form of Isabel -- Another cute name!  Though I don't like the name as much as I use to!
  5. Ava -- Variant of Eve -- LOVE this name!  I have always loved it and definitely could see myself naming my little girl this name
  6. Mia -- Means "mine" -- I think of another adorable girl with this name!  Cute, but not something I would use!
  7. Emily -- Means striving -- I think this name is an ageless name that just works for any age and is cute!
  8. Abigail -- Means "The Fathers Joy" -- I really love the nickname Abby from Abigail but not a huge fan of Abigail.  I definitely never see myself using this name!
  9. Madison -- Surname derived from Matthew 'gift of God' or from Matilda 'strong fighter -- Once again I love the nickname Maddy from Madison but not a huge fan of the name in general and probably wouldn't ever use it.
  10. Elizabeth -- Meaning "Oath of God" -- I'm a little bias about this name since it's my middle name!  I probably would never use it as a first name but definitely would pass it down as a middle name.  I think it's another ageless name also!
  11. Charlotte -- Means "femininely manly" -- I find the meaning of this name a little strange but I think it's cute, ageless and something I could use someday!
  12. Avery -- Means "Rules with Elf-wisdom  -- I use to be a big fan of this name but like Ava better then Avery.
  13. Sofia -- Means wise -- Over the years I have came to like this spelling more then Sophia spelling.  I think it looks more elegant and classic.  I would definitely rather use this spelling over Sophia spelling.  But then again when a child with this spelling is asked for her name people are more likely to spell it wrong with the Sophia spelling then the Sofia spelling so I have mixed feelings about it! 
  14. Chloe -- Means "Green Herb" -- I think this is a sweet and cute name but a name I don't love or could ever see myself using
  15. Ella -- Form of Ellen, Ellen means beautiful fairy -- I think it's a sweet name and a name that I wouldn't say that I would for sure never use.  It's been on and off my favorites list.
  16. Harper -- Means harpist -- This is a name that I have came to like within the last couple years.  I like it but it definitely doesn't go with my other favorite girl names so I wouldn't probably use it!
  17. Amelia -- Means Defender -- Not a bad name but not my favorite or style!
  18. Aubrey -- Means "Rules with elf-wisdom" -- Another name that has been off and on my favorites list.  I think it's cute and definitely a name that i could possible see myself using one day :)
  19. Addison -- Means "son of adam" -- This is a name that i've always liked but could never use as my cousin is named it!  Cute name!
  20. Evelyn -- Means life -- I find this name another type of name that is very Elegant and classic and I probably won't use it.
Well there you go!  The top 20 girl names with their meanings and my opinions!  What are your top 5 girl names that are on this list?  Let me know below!  Have a great week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment