Friday, April 18, 2014

my current favourites!

I know better than to make this post as Hayley's law suggests the moment I publish it, I'll hate all the things, but here goes nothing!
Girls

Gracia Claire - I first heard Gracia on the show The Voice. I fell totally in love with it but was always concerned people would be more apt to pronounce it Gray-see-uh as opposed to Gray-shuh, but I was looking for something feminine but not frilly that sounds good with Maxine and I think it fits the bill. Claire is my nana's name and I cant imagine not using in my a combo if I had a girl.

Maxine Alyssa - I'd never really considered Maxine until recently, but my dad mentioned it in a discussion about what he'd name me and I got the BIGGEST name crush on it ever. Seriously I could sooo see me with a Maxine more than maybe any other name I've ever liked. Alyssa is my best friends name and I think it pairs well with Maxine.

Ivy Elizabeth - Ivy's been a long time love of mine that pops on and off my list. I find it so cute and feminine without being too much. Elizabeth is to honor my mother (Bessie) who is named after her grandmother Elizabeth.

Boys

Calder Douglas - Calder is a name I've only discovered recently. It was mentioned on a baby name facebook group and I totally dig it! I was looking for a Hunter replacement and it has the same feel as well as the super cool Calder Cup association. Douglas is my dad's name and one I've really grown to love.

Bowen Isaac - My love of Bowen mostly stems from my love of Bo as a nickname but I think Bowen is cool in its own right too! It's like a fun little brother of Owen which I also love but just doesnt feel as "me" to me. Isaac is my brother's middle name and I love it here

Oakley Sullivan - I adore Oakley, but I just dont think I'm cool enough to use it haha. That said, since most of my fav boy names end in the -en/-an/-in sound, I needed something with a different sound to fit with Sullivan and since its a third name spot I dont mind that I cant see me using!

No comments:

Post a Comment