Monday, November 11, 2013

Throwback to 1996!

Hey guys!
Today is the beginning of my "birthweek"! My birthday is Friday!
Today, I decided to make my post about the names that were the most popular in the year I was born- 1996.
Listed below are the top 5 names for boys and girls, in order of rank. Also, the rank in 2012, how many people with those names are in my grade, and what I think of those names. Boys first, girls to follow.
Enjoy!

Name: Michael 
Rank in 1996: 1
Rank in 2012: 8
People in my grade with this name: 6
What I think: I think Michael is adorable. The nickname Mike is so handsome. I prefer this name in the middle spot, even though many people think of it as a filler. Michael is a family name for me, so I would love to use it. 


Name: Matthew
Rank in 1996: 2
Rank in 2012: 12
People in my grade with this name: 9
What I think: I love this name! It was at #5 on my list from November 2012-February 2013. I also love Matteo, which is the Italian variation of Matthew, and was on my list from May 2012-June 2012.

Name: Jacob
Rank in 1996: 3
Rank in 2012: 1
People in my grade with this name: 2
What I think: Jacob is just so popular. Although I think Jake is extremely cute, Jacob has no spark for me. 

Name: Christopher
Rank in 1996: 4
Rank in 2012: 23
People in my grade with this name: 0
What I think: I am not a fan of this name. My mom had an ex named Christopher. He was a nice guy, but the name will always have that association for me, so I wouldn't be able to use it. 

Name: Joshua
Rank in 1996: 5
Rank in 2012: 17
People in my grade with this name: 1
What I think: If I was a boy, this most likely would've been my name. However, I do not like it at all.

Name: Emily
Rank in 1996: 1
Rank in 2012: 6
People in my grade with this name: 4
What I think: Emma is my least favorite girls name EVER, but I actually like Emmie and Emily. I think Emily is very sweet, and works well on any age. 

Name: Jessica
Rank in 1996: 2
Rank in 2012: 138
People in my grade with this name: 3
What I think: Bor-ing. I know way more Jessicas than it says above. I do think the male variation, Jesse, is adorable.

Name: Ashley
Rank in 1996: 3
Rank in 2012: 50
People in my grade with this name: 3
What I think: L-O-V-E this name. I recently took it off my list, because I can not see myself having a daughter named Ashley, and it does not go well with my top names.

Name: Sarah
Rank in 1996: 4
Rank in 2012: 43
People in my grade with this name: 2
What I think: Sarah will always be at the top of my list. I always say that I wish my aunt didn't use it for my cousin, because I would use it in a heartbeat. I do plan on using it for a middle name, and have it in that spot for my #2 name, Abigail Sarah.

Name: Samantha
Rank in 1996: 5
Rank in 2012: 26
People in my grade with this name: 4
What I think: In full, I do not like this name at all, but I think Sam (on a boy) and Sammy (on both genders) are absolutely adorable!

I hope you enjoyed this post!
I will be back again tomorrow with a baby name game!
~Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment