Friday, November 22, 2013

my favorite names!

I’d been putting off this blog post for a long time as every time I post about my favorite names, I seem to totally go off them and redo my whole list. But, my top names have held that spot for about a month now and lately I’m more in love with ‘em each day, so I thought this week it was time to face the risk and tell you a little about my top combos!
Girls
Claire Alison – Claire is my nana’s name and my own middle name and is a name I’ve always known I’d use. Recently, I’ve just been loving it too much to put it in the middle name spot. Alison honors one of my best friends (Alyssa) and is long enough that I think it deals with the weird flow issues that can come with a one syllable first. Claire is French in origin, ranked at 45 and means clear, bright and famous. Alison is also French in origin and a diminutive of Alice. It is ranked at 273 and means noble and kind.

Orla Paige – Orla is a new love of mine. I absolutely adore the sound and its meaning- golden princess. Paige is another of my best friend’s names and although I’d debated using it as a middle for a boy, I think the more common name and spunkiness of a unisex name pairs really well with Orla.  Orla is Irish in origin and is not on the top 1000. Paige is English, meaning one who is a servant and is ranked 105.

Ruby Elizabeth – Ruby is a family name for me and one of my all time favorites. My great great grandma was named Ruby and recently my cousin used it for her daughter too. I’d not liked Elizabeth until a few years ago, but have since fallen in love with it. I think it can honor my mom as her name (Bessie) is a diminutive of Elizabeth. Ruby is English in origin and means red stone. It is ranked 106. Elizabeth is Greek in origin and means my god is abundant. It is ranked at 10.
Boys
Hunter Douglas – As most of you know, Hunter is my all time favorite name ever and there aren’t enough fabulous things I could say about it. Douglas is my father’s name and I can’t imagine not using it as a middle. I’d been concerned about Hunter Douglas being a windows and blinds company, but I think the flow is so perfect I’ve decided I just have to get over it. Hunter is of English origin, meaning one who is a hunter and ranked at 45. Douglas is of Scottish origin, meaning dark river and ranked at 572.

Nolan Isaac – Nolan is a newer love of mine- I’ve been really on the Irish names train lately! Despite its popularity, it’s one I’ve rarely heard. I think it’s super classic and underrated. Isaac is my brother’s middle name and my uncle’s name and is another one I’ve always wanted to use for family reasons. Nolan means noble and famous and is ranked at 88 and Isaac is of Hebrew origin meaning he laughs and ranked 30.

Jacob Sullivan – Jacob is one I go back and forth on. Although popularity doesn’t bother me, Jacob has been so popular for so long I’ve been scared on and off that it’s played out. That said, there has to be a reason that so many parents have loved Jacob enough for it to be top 10 status for 20 years and number one status for 14. Sullivan is my last name. I’ve flirted with the idea of keeping my last name or hyphenating it were I to get married which is the only reason Sullivan is in the third middle name slot instead of the first. Jacob is from Hebrew, ranks first and means holder of the heel. Sullivan is from Irish origins, means little dark eye and is ranked 490.
           
            Is anyone else like me in that their top combos change so quickly they can barely keep track of it all? If so, are there any names that seem to hang on through all the changes? Leave a comment telling me some of your favorite combos or names and have a wicked weekend!

Hayl

No comments:

Post a Comment