Monday, December 2, 2013

A Reply To "Best Baby Names for Girls"!

Hi everyone!
Congrats to nameberry.com for publishing their third eBook! It is entitled Best Baby Names for Girls and can be bought here. To announce the publication, the authors of nameberry.com put up a blog post where they listed some of the best girls names for 12 different categories. I thought that it seemed like fun, so I decided to make today's post giving MY picks for these categories!
I have listed the category, the name they chose (and runners-up), and the name I chose (and runners-up) below.
The original post can be read here.
Enjoy!

#1: Best classic name
Their choice: Alice (Runners-up: Susannah & Jane)
My choice: Jane (Runners-up: Josephine & Carol)

#2: Best biblical name
Their choice: Deborah (Runners-up: Naomi & Dinah)
My choice: Sarah (Runners-up: Abigail & Ada)

#3: Best nickname name
Their choice: Winnie (Runners-up: Josie & Maisie)
My choice: Allie (Runners-up: Nellie & Brie)

#4: Best international name
Their choice: Saskia (Runners-up: Rhonwen & Paloma)
My choice: Philomena (Runners-up: Cerys & Honora)

#5: Best restored vintage name
Their choice: Beatrice (Runners-up: Cordelia & Matilda)
My choice: Adeline (Runners-up: Clara & Tess)

#6: Best boyish name
Their choice: Reese (Runners-up: Hayden & Emerson)
My choice: Jordan (Runners-up: Rowan & Parker)

#7: Best girly girl name
Their choice: Melisande (Runners-up: Mirabelle & Araminta)
My choice: Seraphina (Runners-up: Arabella & Liliana)

#8: Best mythological name
Their choice: Juno (Runners-up: Persephone & Aurora)
My choice: Athena (Runners-up: Selene & Rhea)

#9: Best nature name
Their choice: Willow (Runners-up: Magnolia & Lark)
My choice: Sage (Runners-up: Sky & Bay)

#10: Best virtue name
Their choice: Verity (Runners-up: Amity & Clarity)
My choice: Grace (Runners-up: Faith & Hope)

#11: Best Headed-to-Harvard name
Their choice: Clara (Runners-up: Eleanor & Marian)
My choice: Alice (Runners-up: Julia & Eve)

#12: Best unusual name
Their choice: Story (Runners-up: Djuna & Lorca)
My choice: Taryn (Runners-up: Sofina & Chaya)

I hope you enjoyed this post!
Feel free to reply and let me know what names you would put in these categories!
See you Wednesday for a NOTW!
~Ali
















No comments:

Post a Comment